SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

server not connected

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

ROBIN asked a question on 12 Jul 2018 2:58 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi every experts,

I had a problem when I installed MS NAV client, Went I Connect the server, This is Pop up show this?

"There is a Communication protocal mismatch between the client and server"

How do I fix this problem? Please help me

Murat Vezir responded on 12 Jul 2018 3:15 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You have to look server firewall usually 7046 port has to be added firewall rule, if you use server name instead of ip address, you have to be sure your client can solve your machine name.

Viki NTS responded on 12 Jul 2018 4:50 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

1.check whether you are connecting to the right instance

2.check client user setting file "C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\<NAV Version>\ClientUserSettings.config" for Credential Type <add key="ClientServicesCredentialType" value="Windows" /> on client machine. this suppose to be same as your instance credential type.

3.goto Firewall Advance Setting and Added Client Service Port number in Inbound Rules(Allow Connection)

Murat Vezir responded on 12 Jul 2018 3:15 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You have to look server firewall usually 7046 port has to be added firewall rule, if you use server name instead of ip address, you have to be sure your client can solve your machine name.

Viki NTS responded on 12 Jul 2018 4:50 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

1.check whether you are connecting to the right instance

2.check client user setting file "C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\<NAV Version>\ClientUserSettings.config" for Credential Type <add key="ClientServicesCredentialType" value="Windows" /> on client machine. this suppose to be same as your instance credential type.

3.goto Firewall Advance Setting and Added Client Service Port number in Inbound Rules(Allow Connection)

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS