SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

MRP not recognizing purchase orders

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Steve694 asked a question on 3 Aug 2018 8:35 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I have been tasked to get our companies newly installed 2016 NAV MRP running. I am having issued with the MRP not recognizing already issued po's?  MRP is recommending cancelling the open pos and creating new ones. The time frame I am using for MRP more than covers the PO time frame. Any other suggestions?

Alexander Ermakov responded on 3 Aug 2018 11:48 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Check what is the status of the orders. Are they released or open?

Bodhi Chen responded on 5 Aug 2018 12:12 AM
My Badges

Hi

We can set the "Dampener Period" "Lot Accumulation Period" "Lot Accumulation Period" of the Item card to reduce Cancel + New records

another option:

Planning Flexibility  in the planning worksheet or requisition worksheet or in the Purchase Order Line

Specifies whether the supply represented by the requisition worksheet line is considered by the planning system when calculating action messages.

If the field contains the option Unlimited, then the planning system includes the line when calculating action messages.

If the field contains the option None, then the line is firm and unchangeable, and the planning system does not include the line when calculating action messages.

If we set Planning Flexibility of Purchase Order Line to None, there is no Cancel  for this Purchase Order Line .

Best Regards

Steve694 responded on 7 Aug 2018 6:34 AM

Po's are in released status

Bodhi Chen responded on 10 Aug 2018 8:26 PM
My Badges

NAV may suggests to cancel the released PO except we set Planning Flexibility of Purchase Order Line to None.

Manish Sharma responded on 12 Aug 2018 10:47 AM
My Badges

Hey steve, its hard to say.

Can you help in the setup you have done for the items.

Alexander Ermakov responded on 3 Aug 2018 11:48 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Check what is the status of the orders. Are they released or open?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS