SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Posting Date VS Document Date

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Rajat walia asked a question on 9 Aug 2018 10:37 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hi Experts,

In Purchase order there are two fields with Posting Date and Document Date. What are the use of both of them ?

If i have a Purchase order whose invoice date 1-7-18 and in system am posting invoice today(9-8-2018). Then which date i will mention ?

Please respond asap.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajat W

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Aug 2018 10:42 AM
Verified Answer

Please check this post

www.archerpoint.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-nav-how-use-purchase-order-dates

Posting date is the date when the order is receiver or invoiced.  Document date is used to calculate the due date usually same as posting date

Rajat walia responded on 9 Aug 2018 10:46 AM

Thanks for your immediate response.

If i have a Purchase order whose actual invoice date 1-7-18 and in system am posting invoice entry today(9-8-2018). Then which date i will mention? 

One More thing in posted Purchase Receive and Posted Purchase Invoice both have document date but both has different dates then which date system will take for due date calculation ?

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Aug 2018 12:35 PM
Suggested Answer

If your actual invoice is 1-7-18 you need to change your posting date to that and post it. What do you mean mention.

Rajat walia responded on 9 Aug 2018 12:38 PM

Ok, thanks.

One More thing in posted Purchase Receipt and Posted Purchase Invoice both have document date but both has different dates then which date system will take for due date calculation ?

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Aug 2018 2:07 PM
Suggested Answer

Posted Receipt or Invoice will take the value from the purchase order. So during posting of the receipt and invoice you could have different values. The due date calculation is based on the posting date you have on the invoice.

Rajat walia responded on 9 Aug 2018 11:46 PM

Thanks Suresh,

For your Valuable suggestion.

Charl van der Mooren responded on 10 Aug 2018 9:56 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

The Document Date together with the Payment Term calculates the Due Date. Usually this is the date that is on the received invoice.

Posting Date is for the period the transaction is posted in, often the same as the Document/Invoice Date. You could however receive an invoice dated on 9-8-18 that concerns costs in a previous period (telephone bill of july), then the Posting Date could be set to 31-7-18. It is then taken into consideration when bookkeeping/accounting produces reports for july...

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Aug 2018 10:42 AM
Verified Answer

Please check this post

www.archerpoint.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-nav-how-use-purchase-order-dates

Posting date is the date when the order is receiver or invoiced.  Document date is used to calculate the due date usually same as posting date

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Aug 2018 12:35 PM
Suggested Answer

If your actual invoice is 1-7-18 you need to change your posting date to that and post it. What do you mean mention.

Suresh Kulla responded on 9 Aug 2018 2:07 PM
Suggested Answer

Posted Receipt or Invoice will take the value from the purchase order. So during posting of the receipt and invoice you could have different values. The due date calculation is based on the posting date you have on the invoice.

Charl van der Mooren responded on 10 Aug 2018 9:56 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

The Document Date together with the Payment Term calculates the Due Date. Usually this is the date that is on the received invoice.

Posting Date is for the period the transaction is posted in, often the same as the Document/Invoice Date. You could however receive an invoice dated on 9-8-18 that concerns costs in a previous period (telephone bill of july), then the Posting Date could be set to 31-7-18. It is then taken into consideration when bookkeeping/accounting produces reports for july...

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS