SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

I create demonstrator on Azure but it does not complete installation

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

mikejenn asked a question on 13 Sep 2018 5:24 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I created a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Demonstrator Environment, following all the recommended configurations. It accepted the start, and a server has been started. But when I access the ip address I get the message:

Installation not complete

This page will be replaced by the demonstration environment landing page, where you can follow the status of the installation, when initialization of the Virtual Machine starts.

I haven't seen any instructions to start the service or complete the installation

Suresh Kulla responded on 13 Sep 2018 7:47 PM

Sometime if not all the components installed you will get that message, verify what is installed or else install it manually, you should have DVD in C:\ Drive

mikejenn responded on 14 Sep 2018 3:44 AM

Suresh, thanks for your reply. The difficulty is that this is an Azure App Services installation on a virtual machine. I don't have any of the installation materials. In fact I'm not even able to remote onto the vm, apparently due to a known issue relating to CredSSP encryption, which so far the MS technical bulletins have not led me to resolve.

mikejenn responded on 14 Sep 2018 4:09 AM

Given that I am paying for the App Service, does that come with a direct support team?

mikejenn responded on 14 Sep 2018 5:23 AM

I have taken a different approach to my objective, which was to browse through a Dynamics app so that I could assess it as target for test automation with Webdriver. I have been able to do that using the trials you are offering at https://trials.dynamics.com/. I got there through your link, so that was really useful, thanks.

I am not so interested now in resolving this issue so it is low priority for me now. But others who use the App Service may have the same trouble.

Suresh Kulla responded on 14 Sep 2018 5:31 AM
Suggested Answer

Last week I had some trouble with CredSSP with one of my Virutal Machine and I was not able to resolve it with the MS provided, so I ended up creating a VM using Windows Server 2016 which has all the latest updates and then install the NAV manually. There was one way to solve CredSSP that is uninstall the security udpate on your client machine and then RDP which worked for me earlier but I don't want to do that in this scenario.

Suresh Kulla responded on 14 Sep 2018 5:31 AM
Suggested Answer

Last week I had some trouble with CredSSP with one of my Virutal Machine and I was not able to resolve it with the MS provided, so I ended up creating a VM using Windows Server 2016 which has all the latest updates and then install the NAV manually. There was one way to solve CredSSP that is uninstall the security udpate on your client machine and then RDP which worked for me earlier but I don't want to do that in this scenario.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS