SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Customer prepayment

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

danceller asked a question on 7 Nov 2018 3:12 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

How do I record a customer deposit or prepayment?  I want to debit the bank account and credit the receivable.  

At a later time I will create a sales order and subsequent invoice and apply the prepayment.  

serendipity responded on 7 Nov 2018 8:51 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Using the journal, enter Document Type=Payment, in the Description put "Deposit for #######" where # is anything that is relevant to the upcoming sale. or if you know already like "Deposit for Server Upgrade". 

When you create the Sales Order at a later time and post the prepayment invoice, you can apply the payment against the prepayment invoice.

Thank you.

Hannes Holst responded on 8 Nov 2018 3:20 AM
My Badges

Hi,

In NAV this process is designed around the Sales Order.

Everything is explained here: docs.microsoft.com/.../finance-invoice-prepayments

When you post the Prepayment Sales Invoice (out of the Sales Order), the Prepayment-GL Account is posted. You can credit the payment against it and release the Sales Order then.

serendipity responded on 7 Nov 2018 8:51 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Using the journal, enter Document Type=Payment, in the Description put "Deposit for #######" where # is anything that is relevant to the upcoming sale. or if you know already like "Deposit for Server Upgrade". 

When you create the Sales Order at a later time and post the prepayment invoice, you can apply the payment against the prepayment invoice.

Thank you.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS