SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

NAV 2018 Integration with power bi - Interaction Feature

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Valliappan asked a question on 5 Dec 2018 12:40 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello All,

I have integrated Nav 2018 and power bi . By setting up azure directory setup and creating app in azure portal.

After the integration i could select report which i created using customers page Odata in customers page of Dynamics Nav.

Now i can see the reports, but as per Nav 2018 update. I need to see the interaction betwen customer page of nav and customer power bi report.

Say it need to be react and filter the power bi reports when i selct any on record in customer page.

But i could'n t see interaction , please help me to solve this, its an urgent requirement. 

Mohamad Vajid responded on 6 Dec 2018 1:05 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

To filter data on the reports based upon the record selected from the list page, the primary key must be used as a report filter. The primary keys will need to be part of your data set in order for the reports to filter correctly. In most cases, the primary key for a list is the No. field.

You can follow this article:

Viewing List Data in Power BI Reports in Business Central

docs.microsoft.com/.../across-how-use-powerbi-reports-factbox

Thank you,

Mohamad Vajid

Mohamad Vajid responded on 6 Dec 2018 1:05 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

To filter data on the reports based upon the record selected from the list page, the primary key must be used as a report filter. The primary keys will need to be part of your data set in order for the reports to filter correctly. In most cases, the primary key for a list is the No. field.

You can follow this article:

Viewing List Data in Power BI Reports in Business Central

docs.microsoft.com/.../across-how-use-powerbi-reports-factbox

Thank you,

Mohamad Vajid

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS