SBX - Forum Post Title

Return Posted Invoice

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

jsshivalik asked a question on 8 Jan 2019 10:32 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi

How to create a return of Posted Sales Invoice . How we can trace that it is return Invoice

Thanks

Suggested Answer

HI,

You will not create a Return Posted Sales Invoice here is how you need to proceed.

1. For Reversing a Invoice (Financial Impact) you will create a credit memo and

2. For Reversing a Shipment you will create a Return Order.

Read here - docs.microsoft.com/.../sales-how-process-sales-returns-cancellations

** In the Newer version of NAV / BC Microsoft have added these actions in standard NAV.

Genie Cetas responded on 9 Jan 2019 6:51 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

By using Sales Credit Memo, You can return back the Invoice entries. You can find the reversed document in Posted Sales Credit Memo.

jsshivalik responded on 10 Jan 2019 11:56 PM
My Badges

Hi

Is there any Posted Sales Credit Memo table. I have seen only Sales Credit Memo Header. How we can see that it is return against Sales Invoice

Thanks

jsshivalik responded on 11 Jan 2019 1:02 AM
My Badges

Hi Saurav

From where i should create Credit Memo . Then how i will check that it is Sale Return.

Thanks

Suggested Answer

Hi,

Let's understand it like this -

When you post a sales order (Ship and Invoice) following things happen -

1. Posted Sales Invoice - Invoice is about the Money that we need to collect from the customer.

2. Posted Sales Shipment - Shipment is about the inventory that is shipped to the customer.

Now to Reverse this transaction there will be two parts -

1. A Sales Credit Memo - against the Posted Sales Invoice which will reverse the financial impact of that order.

2. A Sales Return Order - against the Posted Sales Shipment which will reverse the inventory shipped to the customer.

Create a Sales Credit memo for the customer. Select the action - Get Posted Document Line to Reverse and select all lines for the Posted Invoice and system will automatically add those lines in Credit memo and Post-it.

Repeat Sames activity with a new Sales Return Order and Post that to completely Reverse the transaction.

RockWith NAV responded on 16 Jan 2019 2:03 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Why not to go ahead with Sales Return Order and do Receive and Invoice!!

Suggested Answer

HI,

You will not create a Return Posted Sales Invoice here is how you need to proceed.

1. For Reversing a Invoice (Financial Impact) you will create a credit memo and

2. For Reversing a Shipment you will create a Return Order.

Read here - docs.microsoft.com/.../sales-how-process-sales-returns-cancellations

** In the Newer version of NAV / BC Microsoft have added these actions in standard NAV.

Genie Cetas responded on 9 Jan 2019 6:51 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

By using Sales Credit Memo, You can return back the Invoice entries. You can find the reversed document in Posted Sales Credit Memo.

Suggested Answer

Hi,

Let's understand it like this -

When you post a sales order (Ship and Invoice) following things happen -

1. Posted Sales Invoice - Invoice is about the Money that we need to collect from the customer.

2. Posted Sales Shipment - Shipment is about the inventory that is shipped to the customer.

Now to Reverse this transaction there will be two parts -

1. A Sales Credit Memo - against the Posted Sales Invoice which will reverse the financial impact of that order.

2. A Sales Return Order - against the Posted Sales Shipment which will reverse the inventory shipped to the customer.

Create a Sales Credit memo for the customer. Select the action - Get Posted Document Line to Reverse and select all lines for the Posted Invoice and system will automatically add those lines in Credit memo and Post-it.

Repeat Sames activity with a new Sales Return Order and Post that to completely Reverse the transaction.

RockWith NAV responded on 16 Jan 2019 2:03 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Why not to go ahead with Sales Return Order and do Receive and Invoice!!

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS