How to create a return of Posted Sales Invoice . How we can trace that it is return Invoice
You will not create a Return Posted Sales Invoice here is how you need to proceed.
1. For Reversing a Invoice (Financial Impact) you will create a credit memo and
2. For Reversing a Shipment you will create a Return Order.
Read here - docs.microsoft.com/.../sales-how-process-sales-returns-cancellations
** In the Newer version of NAV / BC Microsoft have added these actions in standard NAV.
Follow this link
By using Sales Credit Memo, You can return back the Invoice entries. You can find the reversed document in Posted Sales Credit Memo.
Is there any Posted Sales Credit Memo table. I have seen only Sales Credit Memo Header. How we can see that it is return against Sales Invoice
From where i should create Credit Memo . Then how i will check that it is Sale Return.
Let's understand it like this -
When you post a sales order (Ship and Invoice) following things happen -
1. Posted Sales Invoice - Invoice is about the Money that we need to collect from the customer.
2. Posted Sales Shipment - Shipment is about the inventory that is shipped to the customer.
Now to Reverse this transaction there will be two parts -
1. A Sales Credit Memo - against the Posted Sales Invoice which will reverse the financial impact of that order.
2. A Sales Return Order - against the Posted Sales Shipment which will reverse the inventory shipped to the customer.
Create a Sales Credit memo for the customer. Select the action - Get Posted Document Line to Reverse and select all lines for the Posted Invoice and system will automatically add those lines in Credit memo and Post-it.
Repeat Sames activity with a new Sales Return Order and Post that to completely Reverse the transaction.
Why not to go ahead with Sales Return Order and do Receive and Invoice!!
Business Applications communities