SBX - Forum Post Title

Report Layout in Email Body

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

SUBRATA BAURI asked a question on 22 Feb 2019 5:06 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Dear Sir,

Currently I'm sending NAV PDF Matrix Report in the SMTP Mail attachment using JOB Queue. Now the client wants that the email body should be appeared exactly as Report Layout.

How can I do this ?
Kindly guide me in NAV 2016.

Thanks,

Suggested Answer

Not clear the question... do you want to create an email body that has the same layout as your report? Not natively possible, the email message body is not a report :) you can write it programmatically with HTML but it's a task that you have to handle via code.

SUBRATA BAURI responded on 22 Feb 2019 11:05 AM
My Badges

Thanks for instant reply.

Client wants that Email body should contain the Report Layout/Output exactly the same figure. They don't have any interest to open the attachment for the same. They want everything in Email Body.

I just want to know is there any default feature in NAV 2016 to handle this kind of requirements.

SUBRATA BAURI responded on 22 Feb 2019 11:14 AM
My Badges

I think there might be a possibility to save the report output as WORD Document and then Send the word document as Email Body in NAV 2016....

Suggested Answer

You can attach the report or save the report as pdf or Word Document. The request is quite strange, it’s absolutely correct that the report is attached. You can try to embed the word layout, but it’s not a default feature.

SUBRATA BAURI responded on 22 Feb 2019 11:16 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Thanks for your reply.

I got your point. So, I have to move for the Coding Option (Second Option).

SUBRATA BAURI responded on 22 Feb 2019 11:18 PM
My Badges

I have read the blog, I think it's default feature of NAV 2017.

Suggested Answer

Feature is also avilable with NAV 2016 but not completly baked, but you can do same in NAV 2016 also.

SUBRATA BAURI responded on 25 Feb 2019 5:22 AM
My Badges

I have saved the report output as WORD Document & Convert the same into html file. Is it possible to send this html file as Email body in NAV 2016 ?

SUBRATA BAURI responded on 26 Feb 2019 9:45 AM
My Badges

Ultimate, I've achieved the goal. Thank you everyone.

Suggested Answer

Not clear the question... do you want to create an email body that has the same layout as your report? Not natively possible, the email message body is not a report :) you can write it programmatically with HTML but it's a task that you have to handle via code.

Suggested Answer

You can attach the report or save the report as pdf or Word Document. The request is quite strange, it’s absolutely correct that the report is attached. You can try to embed the word layout, but it’s not a default feature.

SUBRATA BAURI responded on 22 Feb 2019 11:16 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Thanks for your reply.

I got your point. So, I have to move for the Coding Option (Second Option).

Suggested Answer

Feature is also avilable with NAV 2016 but not completly baked, but you can do same in NAV 2016 also.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS