Question Status

Unanswered
Francisco Bedolla asked a question on 8 Feb 2012 8:54 PM

Hello

I got a problem trying to install zetadocs

windows 2008 full patched

dynamics nav 2009 r2 installed on C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\2009R2

dynamics nav 2009 sp1 installed on C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60

dynamics nav 5.0 sp1 installed on C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\CSIDE Client

RTC 2009 r2 installed and running ok

can you tell whats happened??

TIA

Jonathan Wong responded on 9 Feb 2012 7:48 AM

Hello Francisco,

Thanks for your interest in Zetadocs Express.

I cannot see the screenshots clearly, so I can't read the error message.  Is it possible to upload a higher resolution image?

Also please confirm that you are running the installer from Setup.exe.  Running the MSI file may cause problems.

Jonathan Wong

Francisco Bedolla responded on 9 Feb 2012 2:22 PM

first message says Microsoft Dynamics NAV R2 needs to be installed for installation to continue

second message says Error 2732 Directory Manager not initialized

My NAV R2 version says 6.00.32012

buils 32012

ups I forgot

yes im using the exe file

exe version 16.0.0.400

prod version 16.0.0.0

Jonathan Wong responded on 10 Feb 2012 6:44 AM

Hello Francisco,

It appears that the installer is not detecting the version of NAV client installed.  We look for certain values in the registry.

Can you please repair your NAV 2009 R2 installation and then try again?

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Wong

IMB responded on 15 May 2012 1:46 PM

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem.  However, I'm installing everything on a single VMWare VM running Windows Server 2008 R2.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the RTC and Service tier and I still get the same message Francisco gets above (Microsoft Dynamics NAV R2 needs to be installed for this installation to continue).  I'm trying to install Zetadocs Express which I downloaded from the Zetadocs website today (5/15/2012).  Anything at all would be helpful at this point.  Thanks!

IMB responded on 15 May 2012 1:52 PM

Sorry, I just noticed I didn't explicitly say which version of NAV I'm using.  I am in fact running Dynamics NAV R2.

IMB responded on 23 May 2012 5:34 AM

I was able to resolve this.  It appears that my Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 installation files were corrupted.  I uninstalled Dynamics NAV 2009 R2, downloaded a new copy of the Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 installation disc, installed the new copy, then tried to install Zetadocs Express and it worked!