SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Item revisions

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Ernie Zeitz asked a question on 17 Aug 2012 11:34 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Is there a NAV solution for Item Revisions and Change Control. Ours is an automotive company and need to control Items at a Revision Level example Item123 revison A gets updated to revision B we need to know where it was consumed, who it was sold to, how many are in stock/on-order etc.

Tom Blaisdell responded on 17 Aug 2012 1:14 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for posting on the Forum.

The only feature that comes to mind in standard NAV would be Item Tracking, where you could use a Lot Number as a way of tracking the Item and specific revision. The related Item Tracing feature allows for the monitoring of Usage to Origin or Origin to Usage to monitor where the specific Lot started from and flowed through to.

I am not aware of any add-ons and completed a search to see if I could find anything that addresses this with more specific functionality.  

I hope this helps you move forward.

Best Regards

Tom

Ernie Zeitz responded on 17 Aug 2012 1:44 PM
My Badges

Thank you Tom: Item Tracking is more onerous than I had hoped for, I was also considering variants but there is a visibility shortfall. I notice the Revision Levels for BOM and was hoping for a true Engineering Change Control functionality.

Looking for a slick, simple, complete solution that meets automotive/aerospace requirements.

Thank you again!

chadwlewis responded on 14 Jun 2019 9:24 AM

Thanks for the inquiry... I'm surprised this is not standard within BC as well. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Tom Blaisdell responded on 17 Aug 2012 1:14 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for posting on the Forum.

The only feature that comes to mind in standard NAV would be Item Tracking, where you could use a Lot Number as a way of tracking the Item and specific revision. The related Item Tracing feature allows for the monitoring of Usage to Origin or Origin to Usage to monitor where the specific Lot started from and flowed through to.

I am not aware of any add-ons and completed a search to see if I could find anything that addresses this with more specific functionality.  

I hope this helps you move forward.

Best Regards

Tom

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS