Question Status

Unanswered
ahmed barbary asked a question on 3 Apr 2013 6:34 AM

Hi guys i have problem in customer card i make  source table view properties to make filtration to one branch jeco.

meaning employee of branch jeco they will see customer of jeco branch  only .but when i add new customer as serial i have before by 1 it back again to last one why this make.are there are any way to incremental by 1 after make filtration.

my customers as following :

then make filtration from filter group or set table view on branch to see only jeco entries only.(my branches found in database related to branch(jeco -meco-saleco)

but now when i add new customer it must come 1503.but it not come 1503 it come 1502 how i will solve this problem.

my default incremental from before as 1.

please help me

thanks

Alex Chow responded on 3 Apr 2013 10:52 AM

For the incrementing numbers, you should use the No. Series Management codeunit instead of trying to create your own.

ahmed barbary responded on 3 Apr 2013 11:17 AM

please alex can you help me

what i need not is no.series  incremental because i asign that in noseries in setup in financial management

what i need is when you make filter it not accept to increase although if you assign no.series in fincial management

Alex Chow responded on 3 Apr 2013 5:30 PM

I don't know what code you wrote, but have you tried clearing the filter first before trying to assign a new number?

I still don't understand why you want to write your own number series function when there's already one available ready to use.

ahmed barbary responded on 6 Apr 2013 1:54 PM

First what i need is to insert new record from customer card based on specified criteria

as globale dimension code 1(branch name) because my database have more branches  so that

i write this code  on insert record trigger of form customer card

cust1.SETRANGE("Global Dimension 1 Code",UserSetup."Global Dimension 1 Code");

cust1.SETRANGE("No.",'Jo-TC-000001','Jo-TC-999999');last number current is  Jo-TC-002700

filterlocation:=cust1.GETFILTERS;

IF  cust1.FIND('+') THEN

"Global Dimension 1 Code":=filterlocation ;

cust1.INSERT(TRUE);

how i solve this problem,

but it give me this error "overflow under conversion text to text

value no jo-tc-000001...jo-tc-999999 global dimension code 1 is jeddah

Now how i allow insert when i make filterer to data

What i need from this code above  how to prevent filter to location when i make insert  to new customer can any one correct the code to me  .

my serial no incremental by 1 and in no series from 'Jo-TC-000001','Jo-TC-999999' and current customer is Jo-TC-002700 but when i add customer it put in table but hide from form

please please help me

thanks