Question Status

Verified
Venkatanarayanan Ramamoorthy asked a question on 7 Apr 2013 1:34 AM

Hi

We have a prospect who is into Stationery Manufacturing (Diaries, Note books, Organizers etc). I would like to know how much NAV 2013 will fit in this industry? Has any one implemented NAV 2013 for this industry and what are the challenges? Just to know whether the standard MFG module will fit in this process or a huge customization?

Any inputs will be appreciated

Aleksandar Totovic responded on 3 May 2013 2:29 PM

This is mostly simple manufacturing and it should not be a problem for NAV mfg. But, you need to make business process analysis and after that you will know exactly.

Alex Chow responded on 7 May 2013 9:05 AM

So what is special about this industry in terms of manufacturing?

Verified Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 8 May 2013 1:53 AM

In my opinion (without detailed analysis), you need Production BOM's with different versions and scrap definition and also Routings with different versions and many operations with possibility of definition setup time, run time, wait time, move time... Routing based on work or machine centers with own capacity costing.

You can make production orders in different status, based on "Make-to-Stock" or "Make-to-Order" mfg. policy. You can post production consumption and output manualy, or with forwad or backward model. You have production planning (MPS/MRP), forcasting, production schedule tracking, many reports and more and more.

All of this is a fit. If you think you need something else...

Venkatanarayanan Ramamoorthy responded on 15 May 2013 2:15 AM

Hi Aleksandar

Thanks for the reply. Yes, what you have mentioned are the standard features of the MFG module. My question was asked in terms of the challenges in Stationery MFG (Client is into MFG of Diaries, Box files, pen stands and many more products). So my question was whether the standard NAV will fit in this industry and has anyone done it without major customizations?

Verified Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 8 May 2013 1:53 AM

In my opinion (without detailed analysis), you need Production BOM's with different versions and scrap definition and also Routings with different versions and many operations with possibility of definition setup time, run time, wait time, move time... Routing based on work or machine centers with own capacity costing.

You can make production orders in different status, based on "Make-to-Stock" or "Make-to-Order" mfg. policy. You can post production consumption and output manualy, or with forwad or backward model. You have production planning (MPS/MRP), forcasting, production schedule tracking, many reports and more and more.

All of this is a fit. If you think you need something else...