Question Status

Verified
MMaisch asked a question on 19 May 2013 8:59 AM

I heard that we can expect new version of NAV in end of this year. Does anyone have information about this? I am not sure and I can not believe. The last version (2013) appeared at the end of last year. This means that the new version comes after only one year.

Verified Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 19 May 2013 9:09 AM

Yes, it is a true. New NAV version has code name "Sicily". I think, new version will be ready in early 2014, but I expect Beta version in 2013Q3.

Because all of us expect beta, Direction EMEA moved the conference from April to September, to be in line with the new NAV version.

I am localization partner, and we are not a happy about this roadmap; we have to have a team that will work on localization all the time. But, this is a plan.

"Sicily" will introduce a new Windows 8 interface. And, just as NAV 2013’s interface conformed to Office 2010 standards; "Sicily" will be closely tied to Office 2013.

I heard, that there will be less new functionality (cash management e.g.) and more tchnical (new client, better hosting model, a lot more integration with Office 2013 and Office 365...).

Also, I heard from MS employees that upgrade will be much simpler. Maybe someone else has more information.

Miguel Llorca responded on 20 May 2013 8:36 AM

... and I still have many customers clinging to the "classic client" :-S

Miguel LLorca Gómez

Jens Glathe responded on 20 May 2013 9:00 AM

Strange, isn't it? ;-)

with best regards

Jens

Suggested Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 20 May 2013 9:17 AM

I have a lot of existing clients who use classic client. But all new clients (at least most of them) prefer RTC.

Anyway, we expect NAV 8 on end of year. Microsoft sets the rules, and we can only adapt or give up.

I hope it will not be too many changes in code and we will do the localization easier than NAV2013.

Ben responded on 24 May 2013 7:15 AM

Microsoft wants to release a major update of NAV on a yearly basis. So indeed you can expect NAV 8 to be released by the end 2013/beginning 2014...

The code name for the next release is "Sicily" you can try to google for "Nav sicily" to get more information about it.

Anyway here is a recent blogpost about Sicily : saurav-nav.blogspot.nl/.../get-ready-for-new-version-of-nav-nav-8.html

Regards,

Sonja Klimke responded on 2 May 2014 6:23 AM

Hello to everybody... this Mails and the original question are already one year old... so could anybody please let me know if Microsoft Dynamics(TM) NAV will have a version "8" this year?

It would be good to know...

Thanks in advance and many kind regards from Germany

Sonja Klimke

klimke@spots-bss.com

Sonja Klimke

SPOTS - Beratung*Support*Seminare
Herzogstrasse 1
44651 Herne
GERMANY

Tel: +49 23 25 976 9390

e-mail: klimke@spots-bss.com
web: www.spots-bss.com (only available in German)

Suggested Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 2 May 2014 2:56 PM

NAV 8 with code name 'Crete' will be NAV2015. But we can expect this version to the end of this year. Maybe in early 2015, but probably in 2014Q4. We expect premiere on Directions EMEA in October this year. But, in new version will be some excellent news. Maybe, the period between new versions is too short, but if we get great news, we will localize it soon after premiere.

Sonja Klimke responded on 26 May 2014 12:27 AM

HI Mmaisch & Aleksander

Thanks for this interesting post...

Yeah, I believe also that we will get NAV8 latest beginning next year. I am already "longing" for

it, because I am writing praxis related documentations in German for NAV.

:-)

I will attend the EMEA directions in Posen/PL and think, that we will hear then more.

Many regards

Sonja

Sonja Klimke

SPOTS - Beratung*Support*Seminare
Herzogstrasse 1
44651 Herne
GERMANY

Tel: +49 23 25 976 9390

e-mail: klimke@spots-bss.com
web: www.spots-bss.com (only available in German)

Verified Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 19 May 2013 9:09 AM

Yes, it is a true. New NAV version has code name "Sicily". I think, new version will be ready in early 2014, but I expect Beta version in 2013Q3.

Because all of us expect beta, Direction EMEA moved the conference from April to September, to be in line with the new NAV version.

I am localization partner, and we are not a happy about this roadmap; we have to have a team that will work on localization all the time. But, this is a plan.

"Sicily" will introduce a new Windows 8 interface. And, just as NAV 2013’s interface conformed to Office 2010 standards; "Sicily" will be closely tied to Office 2013.

I heard, that there will be less new functionality (cash management e.g.) and more tchnical (new client, better hosting model, a lot more integration with Office 2013 and Office 365...).

Also, I heard from MS employees that upgrade will be much simpler. Maybe someone else has more information.

Suggested Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 20 May 2013 9:17 AM

I have a lot of existing clients who use classic client. But all new clients (at least most of them) prefer RTC.

Anyway, we expect NAV 8 on end of year. Microsoft sets the rules, and we can only adapt or give up.

I hope it will not be too many changes in code and we will do the localization easier than NAV2013.

Suggested Answer
Aleksandar Totovic responded on 2 May 2014 2:56 PM

NAV 8 with code name 'Crete' will be NAV2015. But we can expect this version to the end of this year. Maybe in early 2015, but probably in 2014Q4. We expect premiere on Directions EMEA in October this year. But, in new version will be some excellent news. Maybe, the period between new versions is too short, but if we get great news, we will localize it soon after premiere.