Hide G/l accounts with a zero balance in account schedules

Question Status

Verified
Hasitha Jayasuriya asked a question on 21 Apr 2017 5:05 AM

Hi,

When generating account schedules, is there any way I could hide G/L accounts having a zero balance in the income statement. This g/l account needs to be shown if there is a value. 

Thanks,

Hasitha Jayasuriya

Hasitha Jayasuriya responded on 24 Apr 2017 3:23 AM

Hi,

The issue still exists. Show if any column not zero option does not work in the Account Schedule

Suggested Answer
AJ Ansari responded on 24 Apr 2017 3:47 AM

Are you sure that your report does not contain at least one column whose value is not 0? Perhaps in the Column Layout associated with your account schedule, you have one or more columns containing a balance set to Show=Never.

It's either that, or there's a bug in your build / localization. What CU and localization of NAV 2017 are you using?

Hasitha Jayasuriya responded on 24 Apr 2017 4:00 AM

Hi AJ Ansari,

I haven't posted any entries but i can still see the row in the account schedule with a zero balance. I don't want to see the row as there are no entries.

I have set Show= ALways.

I am using W1 Cumulative Build 2

Thanks,

Hasitha J

Verified Answer
AJ Ansari responded on 24 Apr 2017 4:16 AM

Just so I'm sure, when you say that the row is still showing, do you mean it is still showing in the Print version of the Account Schedule, or in the Overview?

Because in the Overview of the Account Schedule (the interactive view from which you can click in / drill down), the row will show regardless of whether or not any column has a balance or net change to show.

However, when you set Show="If Any Column Not Zero" on an Account Schedule, the PRINTED version of the Account schedule will not print a row that does not have a non-zero value to display.

I'm thinking the issue is that you're expecting the OVERVIEW to behave the same way that the PRINT version of Account Schedule does, and that unfortunately is not the case.

I hope this helps. If my response has helped, please verify by clicking "Yes" next to "Did this answer your question?"

Hasitha Jayasuriya responded on 24 Apr 2017 4:42 AM

Hi AJ Ansari,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I can see the row in the Printed version.

Thanks,

Hasitha J

Verified Answer
Alexander Ermakov responded on 24 Apr 2017 4:45 AM

Ensure you have latest CU installed. I remember there has been hotfix for that "The Account Schedule column shows If Any Column Not Zero when printing." (support.microsoft.com/.../cumulative-update-03-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2017-build-15140)

Suggested Answer
AJ Ansari responded on 24 Apr 2017 4:49 AM

Alright then- definitely a bug, as Alexander has also noted. I'm using CU3 on NAV 2017, and I can confirm that it has been fixed in this build. Looks like it's time for a Cumulative Update deployment. :)

Hasitha Jayasuriya responded on 24 Apr 2017 6:22 AM

Thanks Alexander

Hasitha Jayasuriya responded on 24 Apr 2017 6:23 AM

Thanks AJ Ansari

Verified Answer
AJ Ansari responded on 24 Apr 2017 4:16 AM

Just so I'm sure, when you say that the row is still showing, do you mean it is still showing in the Print version of the Account Schedule, or in the Overview?

Because in the Overview of the Account Schedule (the interactive view from which you can click in / drill down), the row will show regardless of whether or not any column has a balance or net change to show.

However, when you set Show="If Any Column Not Zero" on an Account Schedule, the PRINTED version of the Account schedule will not print a row that does not have a non-zero value to display.

I'm thinking the issue is that you're expecting the OVERVIEW to behave the same way that the PRINT version of Account Schedule does, and that unfortunately is not the case.

I hope this helps. If my response has helped, please verify by clicking "Yes" next to "Did this answer your question?"

Verified Answer
Alexander Ermakov responded on 24 Apr 2017 4:45 AM

Ensure you have latest CU installed. I remember there has been hotfix for that "The Account Schedule column shows If Any Column Not Zero when printing." (support.microsoft.com/.../cumulative-update-03-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2017-build-15140)

Suggested Answer
AJ Ansari responded on 24 Apr 2017 3:47 AM

Are you sure that your report does not contain at least one column whose value is not 0? Perhaps in the Column Layout associated with your account schedule, you have one or more columns containing a balance set to Show=Never.

It's either that, or there's a bug in your build / localization. What CU and localization of NAV 2017 are you using?

Suggested Answer
AJ Ansari responded on 24 Apr 2017 4:49 AM

Alright then- definitely a bug, as Alexander has also noted. I'm using CU3 on NAV 2017, and I can confirm that it has been fixed in this build. Looks like it's time for a Cumulative Update deployment. :)