walkthrough: CRM Integration User

Question Status

Verified
BEN HEDIA KHALIL asked a question on 17 Jul 2017 4:03 AM

Hi ,

Should I preserve a CRM user to integration connector ?

If i use the CRM user admin role to integrate NAV to CRM , can I have problems with the synchronization jobs ?

Can I update a record in CRM with the admin user then update it in NAV within the connector ?

Suggested Answer
Greg Enns responded on 17 Jul 2017 1:29 PM

I'm on NAV2016, but I think the connector is essentially the same.

You must use a user with a license that allows it to modify data. The user admin role is not sufficient.

"Can I update a record in CRM with the admin user then update it in NAV within the connector ?"

No. You should NOT use this user to do other tasks in CRM. The NAV synchronization jobs consider all modifications made by this user in CRM to have been done by the NAV to CRM integration and so if you use this user to make other modifications in CRM, the connector will not bring those changes to NAV.

Suggested Answer
Maneesha De Silva responded on 18 Jul 2017 2:13 AM

its defend on permission based ,

no need of giving total admin privileges

BEN HEDIA KHALIL responded on 18 Jul 2017 3:45 AM

the problem is that I don't have enough users licences and i have to use a user that have already been created .

Verified Answer
Greg Enns responded on 18 Jul 2017 8:02 AM

It's okay to use one that's already created. Just don't use that user to update any records in CRM--unless it is a NAV sync job performing the data modifications.

Verified Answer
Greg Enns responded on 18 Jul 2017 8:02 AM

It's okay to use one that's already created. Just don't use that user to update any records in CRM--unless it is a NAV sync job performing the data modifications.

Suggested Answer
Greg Enns responded on 17 Jul 2017 1:29 PM

I'm on NAV2016, but I think the connector is essentially the same.

You must use a user with a license that allows it to modify data. The user admin role is not sufficient.

"Can I update a record in CRM with the admin user then update it in NAV within the connector ?"

No. You should NOT use this user to do other tasks in CRM. The NAV synchronization jobs consider all modifications made by this user in CRM to have been done by the NAV to CRM integration and so if you use this user to make other modifications in CRM, the connector will not bring those changes to NAV.

Suggested Answer
Maneesha De Silva responded on 18 Jul 2017 2:13 AM

its defend on permission based ,

no need of giving total admin privileges