Restricting Item Sales to Cashiers

Question Status

Suggested Answer
NCoulbeck asked a question on 17 Oct 2017 10:10 AM

Hi, my company wants to restrict the sale of certain items through some of our cashiers. For example, we have cashiers who are under 18, and those members of staff should not be allowed to sell alcohol. Is there a way to stop them from selling these items at tills?

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Mouli kaku responded on 27 Oct 2017 11:57 PM

What you are requesting could be categorized under what's called "Data Level Security If you want to stop only specific group of items to restrict from the sale when specific users are using the system the i'm afraid you need to do a customization , your partner may help you to address the issue.

Suggested Answer
Amol Salvi responded on 29 Oct 2017 12:33 AM

You need to have customization .Kindly take help of developer or partner

Suggested Answer
Chris D'silva responded on 30 Oct 2017 12:43 AM

Hi,

I had customized for a similar scenario, you can refer my blog. Here I had to restrict users other than the CEO to sign off.

www.cloudfronts.com/restrict-action-button-particular-user-nav-2017

Suggested Answer
Tina Menezes responded on 31 Oct 2017 11:42 AM

Hi,

You need to create a checkbox on user card or user setup. You can select the checkbox when the user is above 18. Now you need to add IF statement before the action code which checks if the current user checkbox is TRUS or FALSE. If TRUE only then the user should be allowed to sell items else an error should pop up

Suggested Answer
Mouli kaku responded on 27 Oct 2017 11:57 PM

What you are requesting could be categorized under what's called "Data Level Security If you want to stop only specific group of items to restrict from the sale when specific users are using the system the i'm afraid you need to do a customization , your partner may help you to address the issue.

Suggested Answer
Amol Salvi responded on 29 Oct 2017 12:33 AM

You need to have customization .Kindly take help of developer or partner

Suggested Answer
Chris D'silva responded on 30 Oct 2017 12:43 AM

Hi,

I had customized for a similar scenario, you can refer my blog. Here I had to restrict users other than the CEO to sign off.

www.cloudfronts.com/restrict-action-button-particular-user-nav-2017

Suggested Answer
Tina Menezes responded on 31 Oct 2017 11:42 AM

Hi,

You need to create a checkbox on user card or user setup. You can select the checkbox when the user is above 18. Now you need to add IF statement before the action code which checks if the current user checkbox is TRUS or FALSE. If TRUE only then the user should be allowed to sell items else an error should pop up