Dynamics Report Detailing When An Order Has Been Released And When It Is Invoiced

Question Status

Verified
BryanP123 asked a question on 15 Dec 2017 5:15 PM

I am looking to create a Dynamics Nav 2016 report that will help me relate when the majority of my sales orders are released to when they are invoiced. I am hoping to analyze this information so I can better staff my operation according to high/low volume times of activity. Please advise the easiest way to do this?

Verified Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 15 Dec 2017 8:02 PM

Currently there is no field on the order to identify when the order is released, so you have to add a new field to identify the date & time and populate those on release of the order and the same kind of functionality you need to add Creation date & time on the Invoice Header to identify when it is invoiced.

Verified Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 16 Dec 2017 3:30 AM

Hi Bryan,

it wouldn't be very easy, but you could try building the report using the change log (Released - log of status change, Invoiced - insertion of sales invoice header with the related order No). Or, as Suresh said, you'll have to modify the system to track the times of activities.

Robertas

Verified Answer
Alexander Ermakov responded on 16 Dec 2017 5:31 AM

I agree with other members. There is no standard functionality to store the date when the sales order has been released. You would need either to force users to fill in manually some standard date field not in use currently when they change the status of the sales order to released (which is obviously not a great option), or make a modification that will fill the current date to some additional field when the status is changed to released. As Robertas wrote, you can try to use standard change log information to track when the sales order has been released, but you need to consider deviations from the process, e.g. when users release and open sales order several times.

Verified Answer
Suresh Kulla responded on 15 Dec 2017 8:02 PM

Currently there is no field on the order to identify when the order is released, so you have to add a new field to identify the date & time and populate those on release of the order and the same kind of functionality you need to add Creation date & time on the Invoice Header to identify when it is invoiced.

Verified Answer
Robertas Rackauskas responded on 16 Dec 2017 3:30 AM

Hi Bryan,

it wouldn't be very easy, but you could try building the report using the change log (Released - log of status change, Invoiced - insertion of sales invoice header with the related order No). Or, as Suresh said, you'll have to modify the system to track the times of activities.

Robertas

Verified Answer
Alexander Ermakov responded on 16 Dec 2017 5:31 AM

I agree with other members. There is no standard functionality to store the date when the sales order has been released. You would need either to force users to fill in manually some standard date field not in use currently when they change the status of the sales order to released (which is obviously not a great option), or make a modification that will fill the current date to some additional field when the status is changed to released. As Robertas wrote, you can try to use standard change log information to track when the sales order has been released, but you need to consider deviations from the process, e.g. when users release and open sales order several times.