SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Allocations

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

ScotBioFilm asked a question on 23 Oct 2018 9:11 AM

Question Status

Unanswered

Does NAV allow for allocations to Sales Orders? I would like to prepare shipments ahead of time, but our current set-up does not allow us to debit inventory until it is shipped. So we have been shipping "same day". However, we have days that are heavier than others so I want to prepare for heavy days in advance. 

Thank you.

Scot 

Hannes Holst responded on 23 Oct 2018 10:53 AM
My Badges

Hi,

You could create a Pick and select the Bins in the pick manually.

As soon as a Bin is selected in a Pick, the Stock will not be considered in general availability of stock.

You can view this "pre allocated stock" in the Bin Contents, column "Pick Quantity (Base)".

Edit: I don't think this will be deducted from the Inventory. So I would recommend to do a reservation and select bins in the pick.

ScotBioFilm responded on 23 Oct 2018 4:28 PM

Thank you Hannes,

I'll give it a try. This just doesn't seem to be a good way to handle a transaction like this though.

Scot

Hannes Holst responded on 24 Oct 2018 3:05 AM
My Badges

Hi Scot,

NAV can't handle all business cases out of the box.

(but to be honest: I'm always doing some kind of modification or have discussions in that area ...)

If this workaround is not manageable (due to workload for example), the only way to go is for a customization which fits the need of your business.

ScotBioFilm responded on 24 Oct 2018 8:20 AM

It just seems counter-intuitive that this feature isn't out of the box though. Every system I have used in the past allowed for that as it is a standard function for shipping Sales Orders. I'll talk to our IT group and have them work up something with our consultant. 

Thanks for responding. 

Scot 

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS