SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Wrongly entered Currency Exchange Rates in Sales order and its invoice posted.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

MKY asked a question on 6 Dec 2018 1:20 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Dear Experts,

Unfortunately, one of the user have entered the wrong Currency Exchange Rates in Sales order and its invoice posted. How to change the "Currency Exchange Rates" in posted sales invoice. Please suggest me. We are using NAV 2016 version.

Hannes Holst responded on 6 Dec 2018 3:17 AM
My Badges

Hello,

Create a Credit Memo (with the wrong exchange rate).

After that create a new invocie (or Sales Order) with the correct exchange rate.

MKY responded on 6 Dec 2018 5:25 AM
My Badges

I appreciate your response. Unfortunately, this didn't solve our problem.

It means there have no chance to correct in posted sales invoice. Because we don't want to change the invoice no. Invoice no. is already submitted to somewhere.

Hannes Holst responded on 6 Dec 2018 6:12 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi,

When the invoice is posted, the Amounts are converted into the local currency and posted into Finance (G/L Entries).

Changing the Currency Exchange Rate and related Amounts in the invoice only, would mess up your data. You can check where in the system Amounts are posted by opening the invoice and then run the "Navigate"-function.

Hannes Holst responded on 6 Dec 2018 6:12 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi,

When the invoice is posted, the Amounts are converted into the local currency and posted into Finance (G/L Entries).

Changing the Currency Exchange Rate and related Amounts in the invoice only, would mess up your data. You can check where in the system Amounts are posted by opening the invoice and then run the "Navigate"-function.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS