SBX - Forum Post Title

using one barcode with multiple prices

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

Devanand Soodeen asked a question on 5 Nov 2014 8:37 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

good day all,

I want to use a single bar code for an item but also want to use multiple prices for that item..is that possible?

Ramy Rashad responded on 5 Nov 2014 10:38 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can add multiple prices into label and only one price embedded inside every printed barcode.

Patrick T. responded on 5 Nov 2014 11:13 AM

My suggestion would be, to make an item for every price you'd like to use (Such as, if it were a book, "Book - 10", "Book - 12", "Book - 20" and so on), then add them under one Matrix Item, so when a cashier scans that barcode, they are prompted to select one of those items in the Matrix, and the price would be set that way.

Ramy Rashad responded on 6 Nov 2014 4:54 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Sure you can define one matrix item and many standard items under this matrix and every item has it's own price.

Scott Wardzinski responded on 19 Nov 2014 2:52 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello Devanand,

Using the exact same barcode for multiple prices is not possible within RMS.

You can use price embedded barcodes for the items, or set the items up to have the price entered at the POS terminal by the cashier.

Thank you,

Scott Wardzinski

Microsoft Dynamics RMS & POS Support Engineer

Rubel responded on 7 Sep 2018 7:32 PM

Hi that's the trix I was wondering, and while working a super shop I uses to change , could you lease tell detail how to set up multiple prize in setting, actually   I want to entartain more, can I set multiple prize in "1 matrix barcode setting panel? Pleasewish a answer from you. Its really important for me a turnover. My mail - rub_sanjida@yahoo. Com

Ramy Rashad responded on 5 Nov 2014 10:38 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can add multiple prices into label and only one price embedded inside every printed barcode.

Ramy Rashad responded on 6 Nov 2014 4:54 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Sure you can define one matrix item and many standard items under this matrix and every item has it's own price.

Scott Wardzinski responded on 19 Nov 2014 2:52 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello Devanand,

Using the exact same barcode for multiple prices is not possible within RMS.

You can use price embedded barcodes for the items, or set the items up to have the price entered at the POS terminal by the cashier.

Thank you,

Scott Wardzinski

Microsoft Dynamics RMS & POS Support Engineer

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS