SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

HQ Client Error

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

Jaime Chung asked a question on 5 May 2009 9:43 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi, i dont know if this error has been reported already but i am looking for it on the forum and i see that you have millions of posts, so i will try this, please i am having serious problem with HQ Client and HQ Manager, first problem

a) i am trying to run worksheet 401 on diferent stores, and HQ Client at the time of the connection with HQ server i recieve this error

<<CStateMachine::ExecuteState>>Error 3704: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed. (unhandled error, State = 9)

GregDxb responded on 13 May 2009 5:20 AM

Hi, make sure that the HQ Server is open and listening mode before connecting HQ Client.

Fernando España responded on 22 Jul 2009 10:11 AM
My Badges

try to use HQ Server as windows services and assign different ports and different instances for each store, you can do it with a batch file for assign diferrent potrs and instances and you can use third part software for set HQ server as windows service.

Michael Cates responded on 22 Jul 2009 11:45 AM

Fernando España

try to use HQ Server as windows services and assign different ports and different instances for each store, you can do it with a batch file for assign diferrent potrs and instances and you can use third part software for set HQ server as windows service.

This theory is interesting to me.  Can you eloborate or give me more infromation on how you do this.  I have 20 stores and I was interested in assigining a different port per store to see if this would improve performance.  Is this why you did it or for other reasons?  Can you also eloborate on how you did it throuh a batch file.  I would think you would have multiple instances of the hqserver running on one server??

Regards,

Mike Cates

Fernando España responded on 26 Aug 2009 9:07 PM
My Badges

. Additional instances of HQServer can be run by passing database and login information through a command line or using a batch file. The format is:

HQServer  -s <servername> -c <catalog name> -u <user id> -p <user password> -a <port address>

For example:

HQServer -s SQLSeverComputer -c HQSample -u sa -p  -a 34200

If you forget the command, run HQServer /? and you will see the usage

format.

Michael Cates responded on 27 Aug 2009 5:22 AM

Fernando,

Hey thanks for the information.  I do appreciate it.  Would you mind if I elobrate on my solution and why I ask???

Ok, here it is. 

I have 20 stores and I poll 10 top of the hour and 10 bottom of the hour.  And I am considering your theory but I would like to know what the advantage is?  Is it for performance, worksheet processing.  HQ errors due to mutil polling????

Just curious, becuase I had a MAJOR issue that MS had to fix after installing SP2 that was a result of the HQ average cacaulation that is actually done at polling.  After MONTHS and MONTHS of working with MS and the FANTASTIC help from Gregg Kosel at Microsoft, it was determined that they changed the way they do that cacualtation and it was actually done at polling.  Long story short we do not use the average function and disabled it and all went back to normal...

Regards,

Mike Cates

Fernando España responded on 27 Aug 2009 7:50 AM
My Badges

Hi, we has the same problem in the past, but this process help us to solve it. He have 16 super markets like Walmart and using this process on dell 2950 using windows server 2008 and virtualization we created 4 vm runing 4 HQ servers in different lan cards and different ports. He have not problems now.  at same time we move to SQL server 2008 for HQ database and stores and working hard in tunnig running profiles for performance both side and  it's work much better. we are plannig to apply SP in next months becouse some HOOKS are not compatible with encrypt for passwords.  IN my wish list I hope MS change HQ server and Client Structure may be running on WebService, or may be running as Integration Serveces and moving work proces to stored procedures and trigger, but......, this is only in my wish list.

Regards,

Fernando.

Jaime.PHL responded on 3 Jul 2013 3:31 AM
My Badges

This makes most sense, thanks for sharing.

Gene Palomar responded on 3 Dec 2013 6:38 PM
My Badges

Hi guys,

One of our clients has an issue with HQ Client connection. They use RMS HQ and has three locations. The stores connection schedules are set at ten, fifteen and twenty minute intervals within the hour. The server is set to backup the database multiple times during the day.

Their problem is that the store one HQ Client seems to be getting stuck when all three stores connect on the hour. This does not happen every hour, but it does happen at worst once a day and at best it will happen once every few days.  The message that I see on the HQ Client is "<<Post Message>> Message Timeout."  Once I clear this message I get a general error message that states "An error has occurred, connection will be aborted."

Have any of you encountered this error before? or can anyone advise me what causes this bug and how to fix this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Danny Ryu responded on 23 Dec 2013 7:56 AM
My Badges

Hi Gene,

I had that same issue.

We have 22 stores and I have made five different HQ server with different port number.

Here's the error message I get almost twice a day from each store.

Error #-2147467259

Login timeout expired

(Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)

(SQL State : HYT00)

(NativeError : 0)

No Help file available

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Danny Ryu responded on 10 Jan 2014 9:23 AM
My Badges

how do we run HQ Server with a different instance?

RMS Goddess responded on 28 Feb 2014 10:53 AM

Hi Gene,

I am having that exact issue on one of my systems now?  I see that no one here directly responded.  Did you end up finding a solution?  If so, would you be willing to share?  Thanks for any help or direction you can provide.

Cheers

Danny Ryu responded on 30 Sep 2015 10:42 AM
My Badges

Hi Fernando, when you create 4VM running 4HQ servers in different lan card, which OS did you install? Windows Server? or Windows7?

I am currently running a dedicated HQ Server and created 5 different HQ Server with different port numbers. Not using VM and 1 LAN Port for all HQ Servers. Would it make a lot difference using VM and separate LAN port for each HQ Servers?

I am not sure about how quickly get ROI back. I will need to purchase VM license or I can use Hyper-V and purchase separate license for each VM and also upgrade LAN card to multiple LAN port...

Steve Beach responded on 8 Aug 2016 11:25 AM
Suggested Answer

We just ran into CStateMachine: ExecuteState Error 3704, which was occurring on most stores but not all, and in some cases not every time HQ client synced. After the error, HQ Client attempted again within 1 minute and synced without errors at all stores.

It turns out another PC grabbed the IP address of the machine with HQ Server on it. Making sure no IP conflicts existed resolved this error.

PawanjitK responded on 7 Aug 2018 4:18 PM

We just had the same error 3704. We noticed that SQL service was not running on the HQ server, although the test connection from the HQ client were successful. Turning ON the SQL service fixed the problem.

Archelle Marcito responded on 10 Oct 2018 6:20 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Make sure internet is stable so that scope wont expired.

Steve Beach responded on 8 Aug 2016 11:25 AM
Suggested Answer

We just ran into CStateMachine: ExecuteState Error 3704, which was occurring on most stores but not all, and in some cases not every time HQ client synced. After the error, HQ Client attempted again within 1 minute and synced without errors at all stores.

It turns out another PC grabbed the IP address of the machine with HQ Server on it. Making sure no IP conflicts existed resolved this error.

Archelle Marcito responded on 10 Oct 2018 6:20 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Make sure internet is stable so that scope wont expired.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS