SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Purchase Order Run-time error: 3711

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

Tom.cowan1 asked a question on 8 Dec 2015 8:47 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer
When generating a new purchase order, we get the following message after entering 2 or 3 items.
Run-time error '3711':
Operation cannot be performed while executing asynchronously
We have re-indexed the database several times.
The version is RMS 2.0155

Manoj Sharma responded on 10 Dec 2015 1:00 AM
My Badges

did you update you RMS?   let me know if you need help.  Also RPS smart tools from retailpossolutions.com will save you time and money.  Download free.

Tom.cowan1 responded on 17 Dec 2015 10:10 AM
My Badges

Cumulative update 5 has been installed and database has been updated to version 2.02002

Antonijo Todorovikj Dimishkov responded on 4 Jan 2016 4:00 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi there.

This was previously answered, let see if I remember it...

1º) You need to update the software to the latest update. I think this issue was solved with the Hotfix #27 (v2.0.0162), but not complety sure, think it had some issues on some of the Operating Systems ...

2º) If 1º doesn't work, try to update/change the maximum SQL memory: check how much RAM memory your PC has, let say 4 GB. Use SQL Server Management Studio (download for free, for your SQL version), connect to the server you use in RMS, open the properties of the Server in the memory node, and put the value to be at least 33% of the RAM memory your PC has...

Hope this helps, keep us updated...

Kind Regards, A.

Tom.cowan1 responded on 5 Jan 2016 1:49 PM
My Badges

All of the latest hot fixes are now installed. Version is RMS 2.0.2000

Currently the workstation experiencing the problem is connected via Belkin wireless to the server.  The database connection has not been lost. All computers are Dell Optiplex 960 Windows 7 Pro.

Hotrod responded on 7 Jan 2016 8:39 PM
My Badges

Hotfix #27 for version 2.0.0162 contains the following fix.

Error message when you try to modify or add items to a purchase order in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager: "Run-time error '3711': Operation cannot be performed while executing asynchronously"

Hope this helps.

Hotrod

Antonijo Todorovikj Dimishkov responded on 8 Jan 2016 6:39 AM
My Badges

Well, it should have been fixed with Hotfix #27 (v2.0.0162).

Sorry for not being able to help You more.

Regards, A.

Robert "Butch" Greenawalt responded on 28 Apr 2016 9:50 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Mr. Cowan,

To the best of my knowledge, wireless has never been supported in a RMS environment. You may be best served to connect the workstation via Ethernet like the rest of the environment. A runtime error is typically attributed to lack of stability on the network, lack of available resources on the network, or conflicts between device drivers. If you are getting the error on one machine and it's wireless I recommend you address that first.  

Robert "Butch" Greenawalt responded on 28 Apr 2016 9:57 AM
My Badges

One other suggestion for anyone else experiencing this issue: Change the server connection via store operations administrators from [local] or the [server/machine name] or the [IP address] to a tcp: server ipaddress,1433 connection.

Robert "Butch" Greenawalt responded on 24 May 2016 9:00 PM
My Badges

Hi Tom any chance you might update us with the current status of the 3711 error please?

Thanks

Tom.cowan1 responded on 25 May 2016 10:05 AM
My Badges

This problem still exists. We ran a cat5 cable to the managers pc so this station is now connected by Ethernet. All computers are Windows 7 Professional. This customer is scheduled for RMS CU5.

Robert "Butch" Greenawalt responded on 25 May 2016 6:09 PM
My Badges

There is no fix associated with runtime error 3711 and the CU 5 update, so while it is a very good idea due to the changes in pci compliance to be on RMS 2.0.2000 (which I thought they were already per your previous post). The issue remains isolated to this machine then is that correct? Have you been able to increase the memory per Antonijos recommendation as of yet? Have you changed the connection type to tcp: the server ip address, 1433 on this machine. (please note the connection from that machine to the server would look exactly like this) tcp: your server ip address, 1433. Both inbound and outbound rules on that machine in Windows Firewall/advanced settings should also allow port 1433. Does that system Tom have any peripherals configured on it by chance? A shared printer by chance? Any third party add ins of any type? Anything notably different as far as software that's installed on this machine that isn't on the others that do connect and allow you to enter more than 3 items before the runtime 3711. Is this machine a laptop? Is wireless disabled if it is? Can you give me a screen shot of the installed applications and the system properties please, doing my best here.

Tom.cowan1 responded on 18 Oct 2016 11:51 AM
My Badges

We still have the same problem. In fact, it occurs at several customer sites.

All stations have been upgraded to version 2.0.2022.. All computers are running Windows 7 pro or Windows 10 pro

The SQL version is 2005 Express. Could this be the problem?

Is there a procedure to upgrade to SQL 2016 Server Express?

gufosagu responded on 18 May 2017 5:08 AM

Various fixes to solve Microsoft Access Error 3711:

Step 1: Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 3711

Step 2: Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC

Step 3: Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)

Step 4: Update Your PC Device Drivers

Step 5: Utilize Windows System Restore to "Undo" Recent System Changes

Step 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Microsoft Access Program Associated with Error 3711

Step 7: Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow")

Step 8: Install All Available Windows Updates

Step 9: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows

Get more information regarding this error in Dell Optiplex 960 Manual-guideusermanual.com/product-name-optiplex-960-manual&po=344822&lang=English. Good Luck.  

Francois S responded on 11 Jun 2018 1:02 PM
Suggested Answer

For me I had the same issue, my database was on server and when I was using RDP on server I didn't have any issue. But when I was using RMS on my office desktop PC on network, I often have those issues. So I just deactivate my antivirus to test and no more issue. So I add my server IP address firewall rule to allow traffic without analyze.

I hope It could help someone. 

Robert "Butch" Greenawalt responded on 12 Jun 2018 11:29 PM
My Badges

I don't imagine SQL 2016 was ever tested to be utilized with RMS and it's best to go with something tried and true. 2008 R2 with the 2005 backwards compatibility patch would be where I would suggest you go.

Antonijo Todorovikj Dimishkov responded on 4 Jan 2016 4:00 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi there.

This was previously answered, let see if I remember it...

1º) You need to update the software to the latest update. I think this issue was solved with the Hotfix #27 (v2.0.0162), but not complety sure, think it had some issues on some of the Operating Systems ...

2º) If 1º doesn't work, try to update/change the maximum SQL memory: check how much RAM memory your PC has, let say 4 GB. Use SQL Server Management Studio (download for free, for your SQL version), connect to the server you use in RMS, open the properties of the Server in the memory node, and put the value to be at least 33% of the RAM memory your PC has...

Hope this helps, keep us updated...

Kind Regards, A.

Robert "Butch" Greenawalt responded on 28 Apr 2016 9:50 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Mr. Cowan,

To the best of my knowledge, wireless has never been supported in a RMS environment. You may be best served to connect the workstation via Ethernet like the rest of the environment. A runtime error is typically attributed to lack of stability on the network, lack of available resources on the network, or conflicts between device drivers. If you are getting the error on one machine and it's wireless I recommend you address that first.  

Francois S responded on 11 Jun 2018 1:02 PM
Suggested Answer

For me I had the same issue, my database was on server and when I was using RDP on server I didn't have any issue. But when I was using RMS on my office desktop PC on network, I often have those issues. So I just deactivate my antivirus to test and no more issue. So I add my server IP address firewall rule to allow traffic without analyze.

I hope It could help someone. 

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS