SBX - Forum Post Title

Macro's not working in Windows 10

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

JSG_MB asked a question on 4 Jan 2016 8:50 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi 

I have just started to upgrade some of our systems to Windows 10 however I have just noticed that it seems that the macro's I have created are no longer working, I have also tried to re create them and still no joy.

Anybody got any idea's what might have happened or how to get them to work again?

Thanks in advance

Martin

Damien Driscoll responded on 8 Feb 2016 4:44 AM

Hi Martin,

Were you able to find a solution to this issue? I am just facing the same problem.

I appreciate your help.

KR

Mirek

JSG_MB responded on 8 Feb 2016 8:09 AM
My Badges

No I'm still waiting for any suggestions myself.

LCSCOTT responded on 9 Feb 2016 9:05 AM

We are being told not to upgrade our systems to 10 yest because they are not working properly with windows 10, how can they create thier own product and it is not compatable?

JSG_MB responded on 9 Feb 2016 9:21 AM
My Badges

Yea I know, our RMS Reseller said they have only just begun to try it on Win10 systems and they are having huge problems, they have said the only way they have got RMS installed is to install on Win7 they use the built in upgrade to Win10, if you install direct on to Win10 it apparently throws errors left, right and centre. 

I also very much doubt this RMS will ever be officially supported on Win10 as it has its EOL this year (July) and if they do plan to support it I certainly can't see it being supported by the free upgrade deadline in June, so a lose lose situation.

However you would have thought it would have to support Win10, as existing customers will be able to buy RMS licences until 2021 so by then Win7 would be over 10 years old!!

Scott Wardzinski responded on 28 Apr 2016 2:40 PM
My Badges

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your question.

Please note that Windows 10 does not support Macros, this is a security design within the operating system as is working as designed.

Thank you,

Scott Wardzinski

Microsoft Dynamics RMS & POS Support Engineer

Robert "Butch" Greenawalt responded on 8 May 2016 11:27 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You may want to download the system requirements as RMS is supported on Windows 10 after SP 4. You disable the UAC, You have no third party security installed, you are on SQL 2008 R2 and you click/right click and run as administrator and install RMS 2.0/Cu 5/HF 60 in about 30-60 minutes if you've downloaded the files ahead of time. Macros were disabled in Windows 8.1 and will never work as they were being used to inject malicious code by hackers. Lastly I believe license sales end in July 2016 not 2021. Extended support for existing customers runs through 2021 not sales, I believe. You will likely need to prepare yourself for reconfiguring your EDC and hardware again after the upgrade, but it definitely installs and runs on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit preferably up to 2.0.2022 If you want to run SQL Server 2012 Express. If you have third party installed it may be another matter, it doesn't throw errors and is already supported. Hope this helps.

Scott Wardzinski responded on 22 Jul 2016 11:30 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Currently existing customers current on a support plan may continue to purchase additional licensing through the end of life in July 2021.

No new RMS customers are allowed once mainstream support ends.

Thank you,

Scott Wardzinski

Robert "Butch" Greenawalt responded on 22 Jul 2016 5:36 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I'm unsure what operating system you are upgrading from but....Macros will not work on any operating system after Windows 7. Reason being is that Macros can be modified or hacked to inject malicious code into your systems. If you were waiting for an answer concerning how your old Macros may work on Windows 8.1 or 10? They can't.

It additionally has nothing to do with Windows 10 so this should answer your question, Damien's question and LSCOTT also. PS.  LSCOTT  RMS has been tested and known working on Windows 10...it may not work with any third party add ins you may have, it may not work with RMS versions before SP 4 (which you should no longer be on anyway) but it most certainly does work. MACROS do not nor will they ever.  Look for a knowledge based article called "how to create custom buttons JSG (that's the answer) for frequently used transactions". They are not Macros... but they will perform the same tasks. ( they just have to be set up).

shushu responded on 10 Aug 2018 2:47 PM

Why would you design it that way and why were buyers not told this?  I certainly was not told this when upgrading and we cannot function without a uniform footer, currently done using macros, let alone being able to individually use macros in Word and Excel!  How are people who you've trained, literally, for decades now to use macros accomplish the same things?  Please explain ASAP.

hozay responded on 15 Aug 2018 11:14 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

eeded (Shift-F2) ETC. Compiled into a .EXE file and added this to a Custom POS Button

Works great

hozay responded on 15 Aug 2018 11:16 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I use AutoHotKey to create the key strokes needed (Shift-F2) ETC . Compiled into a .EXE file and added this to a Custom POS Button

Works great

Robert "Butch" Greenawalt responded on 8 May 2016 11:27 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You may want to download the system requirements as RMS is supported on Windows 10 after SP 4. You disable the UAC, You have no third party security installed, you are on SQL 2008 R2 and you click/right click and run as administrator and install RMS 2.0/Cu 5/HF 60 in about 30-60 minutes if you've downloaded the files ahead of time. Macros were disabled in Windows 8.1 and will never work as they were being used to inject malicious code by hackers. Lastly I believe license sales end in July 2016 not 2021. Extended support for existing customers runs through 2021 not sales, I believe. You will likely need to prepare yourself for reconfiguring your EDC and hardware again after the upgrade, but it definitely installs and runs on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit preferably up to 2.0.2022 If you want to run SQL Server 2012 Express. If you have third party installed it may be another matter, it doesn't throw errors and is already supported. Hope this helps.

Scott Wardzinski responded on 22 Jul 2016 11:30 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Currently existing customers current on a support plan may continue to purchase additional licensing through the end of life in July 2021.

No new RMS customers are allowed once mainstream support ends.

Thank you,

Scott Wardzinski

Robert "Butch" Greenawalt responded on 22 Jul 2016 5:36 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I'm unsure what operating system you are upgrading from but....Macros will not work on any operating system after Windows 7. Reason being is that Macros can be modified or hacked to inject malicious code into your systems. If you were waiting for an answer concerning how your old Macros may work on Windows 8.1 or 10? They can't.

It additionally has nothing to do with Windows 10 so this should answer your question, Damien's question and LSCOTT also. PS.  LSCOTT  RMS has been tested and known working on Windows 10...it may not work with any third party add ins you may have, it may not work with RMS versions before SP 4 (which you should no longer be on anyway) but it most certainly does work. MACROS do not nor will they ever.  Look for a knowledge based article called "how to create custom buttons JSG (that's the answer) for frequently used transactions". They are not Macros... but they will perform the same tasks. ( they just have to be set up).

hozay responded on 15 Aug 2018 11:14 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

eeded (Shift-F2) ETC. Compiled into a .EXE file and added this to a Custom POS Button

Works great

hozay responded on 15 Aug 2018 11:16 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I use AutoHotKey to create the key strokes needed (Shift-F2) ETC . Compiled into a .EXE file and added this to a Custom POS Button

Works great

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS