SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

HQ Client - Message Contained an invalid Store ID / Connection Password

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

Mas Hayakawa asked a question on 25 Sep 2017 1:47 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I have been using RMS 2.0 for years and i just encountered this problem when HQ Client was trying to synch with HQ Server. 

Message Contained an invalid Store ID / Connection Password Message was not accepted.

This is happening during Worksheet 401. We have changed nothing in either HQ or POS config. We have never had password for HQ Client connection. We checked Store ID and is correct. Tried a few different password in HQ Client/HQ manager but that did not change anything. 

What I noticed in HQ Server window is that Store ID keeps changing from "101"- correct to "0" a few times during the same connection. Why is that and how do i fix it?

Adil Javed responded on 8 Nov 2017 2:48 PM

Hi, I have same problem since yesterday, did you get t fixed?

Xuumi responded on 9 Nov 2017 7:20 AM

I had a similar problem a month ago but I just needed to reboot the PC that has store operations database on it.

CMcCurdy85 responded on 13 May 2019 8:54 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Mas,

I have gotten this error on multiple stores HQ Clients. I was doing some testing and also ran the HQ Client in Debug mode. I found that if you go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and repaired both Microsoft Headquarters client and Microsoft RMS Programs the error resolved. I would recommend trying this and also running a repair on the HQ Server if needed.

CMcCurdy85 responded on 13 May 2019 8:54 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Mas,

I have gotten this error on multiple stores HQ Clients. I was doing some testing and also ran the HQ Client in Debug mode. I found that if you go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and repaired both Microsoft Headquarters client and Microsoft RMS Programs the error resolved. I would recommend trying this and also running a repair on the HQ Server if needed.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS