SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Exporting Items to new POS

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

JohnMichael asked a question on 1 Mar 2019 4:13 PM

Question Status

Unanswered

I am getting a new POS System, we have been in business since 2004 and a lot of part# have changed as well as matrix attibutes/dimensions. how do I export information that contains, dimensions and attributes?

Kevin Antosh responded on 4 Mar 2019 8:36 AM
My Badges

Hi!  I'm assuming that you currently use Microsoft Dynamics RMS? What POS system are you moving to as that will have a large effect on what, if any, data can be imported in to the new POS software program.

JohnMichael responded on 6 Mar 2019 9:20 AM

So we are switching to NCR Counterpoint.

Kevin Antosh responded on 6 Mar 2019 9:34 AM
My Badges

Cool - I've worked on several RMS to NCR CP SQL conversions. Your NCR CounterPoint Partner/Dealer/VAR has a tool that can convert some of the data in the RMS SQL database to the NCR CounterPoint SQL database. Because of differences in the databases, generally only the basic customer, supplier and inventory information is transferred over (eg: PLU, short description, long description, cost, retail price, and supplier data). Customer purchase history can not be transferred so plan on keeping RMS running on one computer for historical data. Whether other product attributes can be transferred over needs to be discussed with your NCR CounterPoint SQL partner/dealer/VAR directly.

JohnMichael responded on 6 Mar 2019 11:59 AM

Kevin Antosh

Will Microsoft Dynamics 2.0 application work on a Win 10 Pro OS?  That way we can have all computer stations able to run the old and new POS.  If it will do you have a path or installer that I can put on the new workstations.

Kevin Antosh responded on 6 Mar 2019 12:11 PM
My Badges

Hi John, RMS can run on Windows 10 Pro with possible conflicts (it has been hit or miss). Contact your Microsoft Dynamics RMS partner for more details as well as the media for installing RMS. My recommendation would only be to have the new POS stations run RMS Manager and not RMS POS so the staff is not confused as to which POS system to use. You may want to lock down the security settings in RMS as well so the staff doesn't attempt to create PO's, etc. in RMS.  Is there a reason why your RMS Partner/Dealer/VAR and NCR CounterPoint Partner/Dealer/VAR are not helping with the transition?

JohnMichael responded on 6 Mar 2019 12:56 PM

Kevin Antosh, can that old historical data be exported to a CSV file and just be referenced from and excel sheet or would it be too big?

Kevin Antosh responded on 6 Mar 2019 1:06 PM
My Badges

Yeh - it would be too big in most cases and not in a format that an average person could understand/search.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS