SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Changing customer info at POS or Store OPS

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

info1234 asked a question on 22 Apr 2019 5:18 PM

Question Status

Verified

We have 4 locations using RMS and connected by HQ.  We cannot change customer info once the customer has been set in anything other than HQ.  All areas are gray.  Can someone help me so that our cashiers or store managers are able to change customer info?  

Kevin Antosh responded on 23 Apr 2019 6:30 PM
My Badges

Check out the on screen help or users guide on how security mode works in RMS. Sounds like security mode is set to prevent the customer info fields from being changed based (you can also check the security settings in the various check boxes in RMS Manager by each security level). You can also ask your Dynamics RMS / HQ Partner for assistance as well - if you do not have a Dynamics RMS / Partner, paid support is available from our tech team at RITE by calling 320-230-2282.

RMS Wizard responded on 25 Apr 2019 9:50 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

That is normal when you configure global customers to operate with HQ. You can only make property changes in HQ which update to stores from HQ.
If you want editing available at each store that flows up to HQ and from there to other locations you'll need an add-in. There is at least one out there that that does that. If you can't find it let me know and I'll search for it.

info1234 responded on 25 Apr 2019 10:06 AM

Thank you.  We have "0" security levels set.  

info1234 responded on 25 Apr 2019 10:07 AM

Great!!  I will have our "called upon" IT guy look into it.  Thank you so much.  I'll certainly let you know if we can't find the add-in.  

RMS Wizard responded on 25 Apr 2019 9:50 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

That is normal when you configure global customers to operate with HQ. You can only make property changes in HQ which update to stores from HQ.
If you want editing available at each store that flows up to HQ and from there to other locations you'll need an add-in. There is at least one out there that that does that. If you can't find it let me know and I'll search for it.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS