Question Status

Suggested Answer
Oscar Cheung asked a question on 19 Sep 2014 1:59 AM

Hi everyone, wonder if anyone might be able to help me with this:

Foreword: I'm doing all of this in Headquarters Manager.

Let's say I have items A and B, both of different prices. If I'm scanning item A on the POS, I want to add item B as a free gift.

However, if I were to scan item B on its own, it would sell as per normal.

I know how to set tag-along items in the items (Specials tab, tag-along item), but the tag-along item isn't being sold for free.

I can't create a 'free' copy of item B because I need to be able to track how many of item B is in stock, regardless of whether its been sold normally or gifted.

Using a 'Mix and Match' discount scheme isn't going to work either - selling item A will gift item B but selling item B by itself shouldn't gift item A.

So is anyone able to please advise me whether I'm able to achieve that?

Thanks.

Suggested Answer
Eliud Mugo responded on 19 Sep 2014 7:42 AM

Hello there.

Create an assembly code, assigned both item A and B to the assembly,enable use component price, set price for item A in the assembly to the normal price,set price for item B to Zero(0) in the assembly.

Use the assembly code when selling A which has B as a gift

Oscar Cheung responded on 21 Sep 2014 9:25 PM

Hi Eliud,

Thanks for your answer, but one more question: is there a way to assign an alias to the assembly code?

Suggested Answer
Eliud Mugo responded on 22 Sep 2014 12:12 AM

If the alias is not already in your database, you might use it as the itemlookup code for the assembly

Suggested Answer
Eliud Mugo responded on 19 Sep 2014 7:42 AM

Hello there.

Create an assembly code, assigned both item A and B to the assembly,enable use component price, set price for item A in the assembly to the normal price,set price for item B to Zero(0) in the assembly.

Use the assembly code when selling A which has B as a gift

Suggested Answer
Eliud Mugo responded on 22 Sep 2014 12:12 AM

If the alias is not already in your database, you might use it as the itemlookup code for the assembly