How to create item on Microsoft Dynamic RMS
Refer to RMS Online help document you find more details about creation of items:
To create a new item
1. On the Database menu, click Items, and then click New.
2. Choose the type of item you want to create: Standard, Matrix, Lot Matrix, or Assembly. Choose Standard to create serialized, kit, gasoline, weighted, voucher (gift card or certificate), or non-inventory items.
3. Use the various tabs in the Item Properties window to enter all the item's properties (i.e., item lookup code, description, quantity, pricing).
4. When you finish entering all the item information, click OK to save the information.
To add a standard item using the New Item Wizard
1. On the Wizards menu, click New Item Wizard.
2. Click Next to define the item's properties.
3. Use the Item Type drop-down list box to select 'Standard'.
4. Using the available fields, enter the item's lookup code, description, quantity, price, cost, department, category, supplier, item tax, barcode, and bin location, and then click Next.
5. To add this item to the database, click Finish.
Note: If you assigned the item a type other than Standard, the guidelines and windows may vary.
For the sale of weighed items, Microsoft Dynamics RMS has received National Type Evaluation Program (NTEP) certification from the National Conference on Weights and Measures. To view the certificate number, click About on the Help menu.
To automatically assign item lookup codes to new items
1. On the File menu, click Configuration, and then click the Item tab.
2. Select the Use automatic item lookup codes check box.
3. In the Lookup code format box, type a format for the lookup codes, placing one # symbol for each digit of the number portion of the automatically generated code.
4. In the Next number box, type the next number that should be assigned.
5. In the Sample area, confirm the results that the results of your settings are as you expected, and then click OK to save your changes.
Note: The automatic item lookup code is assigned when you save a new item that has a blank item lookup code. To avoid this for a particular item, simply type in the item lookup code manually.