SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Runtime Error 3711 when adding items to purchase order in RMS

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

Tom.cowan1 asked a question on 12 Jun 2018 5:55 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified
When generating a new purchase order, we get the following message after entering 2 or 3 items.
Run-time error '3711':
Operation cannot be performed while executing asynchronously

This is still an ongoing problem from multiple sites and customers. When they create a new purchase order, after 3 or more items added in, RMS returns a Run Time Error 3711, RMS drops out, and the entire purchase order is lost. This is not an isolated problem, because there are multiple inquiries by others over several years that have gone unresolved.

All of the suggestions about updates, wired networks, virus scans, and so on have been checked and rechecked, but the issue live on.

Francois C suggests the following. However, I do not know how to implement it for RMS.

(So I add my server IP address firewall rule to allow traffic without analysis.)

If there is an answer out there, please help us.

CMcCurdy85 responded on 15 Jun 2018 3:56 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I just fixed this for a client.  

Run-time error '3711': Operation cannot be performed while executing asynchronously is a generic error.

In my particular case the end user (A)'s account was causing the 3711 error to pop. I tested this when end user (A) said that end user (B) was able to add to the Purchase Order but they were not.
The Test:
Logged into the system with my admin account and attempted to add items to the Purchase Order. I was able to add items successfully. I figured the error could be linked to end user (A)'s account. 
Resolution:
1. Went to cashiers and made end user (A)'s account inactive.
2. Created a new account for end user (A) (Identical to the old account configurations) ***Number must be unique.***
3. Had end user (A) login with the new account and attempt to add items to the Purchase Order.
No more 3711 error.
hozay responded on 19 Jul 2018 1:36 PM
My Badges

will try tonight

Thanks

hozay responded on 15 Aug 2018 11:23 AM
My Badges

Any word. did it work ?

CMcCurdy85 responded on 15 Jun 2018 3:56 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I just fixed this for a client.  

Run-time error '3711': Operation cannot be performed while executing asynchronously is a generic error.

In my particular case the end user (A)'s account was causing the 3711 error to pop. I tested this when end user (A) said that end user (B) was able to add to the Purchase Order but they were not.
The Test:
Logged into the system with my admin account and attempted to add items to the Purchase Order. I was able to add items successfully. I figured the error could be linked to end user (A)'s account. 
Resolution:
1. Went to cashiers and made end user (A)'s account inactive.
2. Created a new account for end user (A) (Identical to the old account configurations) ***Number must be unique.***
3. Had end user (A) login with the new account and attempt to add items to the Purchase Order.
No more 3711 error.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS