SBX - Forum Post Title

RMS Rights Windows 10

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

Danny Lane asked a question on 11 Nov 2018 2:16 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

RMS 2.0.2022

Moving to a windows 10 machine - this weekend.  Would like to have a local standard user access RMS programs without giving them full Admin rights. Currently getting prompted for admin creds and don't really want to turn off UAC. 

On my old winxp pro I did some modification via regedit. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Danny

Shane O' Malley responded on 12 Nov 2018 6:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I use the runas command for the RMS applications and get it to remember the password.  IE  the program is run as an administrator but the user does not have full system admin rights.

www.windows-commandline.com/windows-runas-command-prompt

Jeff @ Check Point Software responded on 18 Nov 2018 4:33 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Did you turn off the Virtual Store before installing RMS?  interworks.com/.../disabling-windows-7-virtual-store

If not, uninstall RMS, turn off the Store following the above instructions, re-install RMS.  Then edit the Registry at:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Retail Management System  

allowing the Users to have full control to its own hive and exit.  Make sure to run POS' first time as an Admin so you can enter the license number.

After that, re-name the SOManager.exe.manifest and SOPOSUser.exe.manifest in the installation folder to .old, i.e. SOMANAGER.exe.manifest.old and SOPOSUSER.exe.manifest.old

Shane O' Malley responded on 12 Nov 2018 6:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I use the runas command for the RMS applications and get it to remember the password.  IE  the program is run as an administrator but the user does not have full system admin rights.

www.windows-commandline.com/windows-runas-command-prompt

Jeff @ Check Point Software responded on 18 Nov 2018 4:33 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Did you turn off the Virtual Store before installing RMS?  interworks.com/.../disabling-windows-7-virtual-store

If not, uninstall RMS, turn off the Store following the above instructions, re-install RMS.  Then edit the Registry at:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Retail Management System  

allowing the Users to have full control to its own hive and exit.  Make sure to run POS' first time as an Admin so you can enter the license number.

After that, re-name the SOManager.exe.manifest and SOPOSUser.exe.manifest in the installation folder to .old, i.e. SOMANAGER.exe.manifest.old and SOPOSUSER.exe.manifest.old

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS