Non Inventory items not accepting suppier info

This question is answered

We have recently been upgraded to RMS version 2.0.0160

After the upgrade I have not been able to create a new non-inventory item which will contain suppier information. Fields are grayed out. I can contain a new NI item without the supplier info.

After the upgrade I have not been able to include a NI item on a purchase order. When I try to do this a window appears saying cannot include the NI item.

I have been able to do both these things before the upgrade.

How do I get NI items to have supplier info and be included on a PO?

Appreciate help

Verified Answer
  • The whole reason behind a non-inventory item is to not track the inventory, Which means you can't use suppliers, POs or receive the item.  

Youwill need to change the item to an Standard item and then you will be able to do what you ask.  This is found within the item properties on the first tab, top right corner.

Also the previous version had a bug that allowed you to do what you describe.

Ed Boyer

Ed Boyer

www.bmepos.com

https://www.linkedin.com/in/edboyer1

**** Please verify an answer, if it solves your problem.  This will help others.

• Use the Retail Realm Store Utility that has many features one of which is Purchase Order system enhancement where yo ucan have NI items as well as charge otems (to handle Insurance, Duties, Transport etc...).  Please feel free to contact me.

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@rrdisti.com

All Replies
  • The whole reason behind a non-inventory item is to not track the inventory, Which means you can't use suppliers, POs or receive the item.  

Youwill need to change the item to an Standard item and then you will be able to do what you ask.  This is found within the item properties on the first tab, top right corner.

Also the previous version had a bug that allowed you to do what you describe.

Ed Boyer

Ed Boyer

www.bmepos.com

https://www.linkedin.com/in/edboyer1

**** Please verify an answer, if it solves your problem.  This will help others.

• Use the Retail Realm Store Utility that has many features one of which is Purchase Order system enhancement where yo ucan have NI items as well as charge otems (to handle Insurance, Duties, Transport etc...).  Please feel free to contact me.

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@rrdisti.com

• Thanks for the answer.

It makes sense but was a surprise of the program change.

I can sleep better now.

Ed of Roc

• Thanks for the input.

I can now work it out.

Ed of Roc