Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
You may be running into a known issue regarding drive mappings, windows 8, and Dynamics SL. Here's the workaround:To install from client:
1. Open a command prompt ‘as administrator’. From Windows 8 start menu type COMMAND. Right mouse click on ‘Command Prompt’ and select ‘Run as administrator’
2. Map the drive share NET USE S: \\computername\sharename /PERSISTENT:YES
3. Run setup from the workstation folder CD APPLICATION\WRKSTN SETUP
4. Follow the usual prompts
5. Close the command prompt when completed
6. Open the command prompt without administrator From Windows 8 start menu type COMMAND. Select the ‘Command Prompt’ Entry.
7. Map the drive share NET USE S: \\computername\sharename /PERSISTENT:YES
To verify try running Dynamics SL from the icon places on the Windows 8 menu as well as the Database Maintenance icon placed in control panel/Administrative Tools
Note: to remove the network mapped drives will require removing both the Administrator privileged and the standard access mappings.
This also works for Windows 10 and MS Dynamics SL 2011.
I am installing 2015 and not having any luck finding the directory or the file under appliciations. Of course the problem is with the client install. Are there any other suggestions?
What version of SL are you installing? SL 7.x was the last version of SL to use signon.exe and has not been tested (is unsupported) on windows 8. SL 2011 (sp1/fp1) are currently the only versions of SL supported on win 8.
After I install it will not run, signon.exe crashes, along with OLE mappings aren't working. Any Suggestions?
Business Applications communities