SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

App Server Error Message 9601000 The operation failed

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

Dan Carroll asked a question on 8 Jul 2015 3:14 PM

Question Status

Unanswered

The error message 9601000 pops up when Application server is idle.  When there are jobs for it to process, it seems to work fine, but if there's nothing to do, the error message pops up, and if a new job pops into the queue, the 'ok' has to be clicked on the error message before it will process it. 

I would appreciate any help resolving this.                                                                   

Erich Strelow responded on 9 Jul 2015 8:39 AM
My Badges

Dan,

Actually, the Application Server process itself is called 9601000, so it's likely that this isn't an error code.

I have to ask you a few questions to understand the problem:

1. Is there an error text? Something like "9601000 caused a segmentation fault..."?
  2. Can you verify wether it is actually Outlook who pop ups the message?
  3. Is there something recorded in the Application Server Log?
  4. Is there any e-mail activity from the Application Server?

The Application Server talks with Outlook to read and send messages. Since the actual jobs seems to work, maybe is the messaging part that's messed up. This may be Outlook itself or a protection software that pops a warning like "This 9601000 fellow is messing up with me, are you ok with that?".

griffin80 responded on 10 Aug 2015 5:10 PM

I am experiencing the same problem as Dan.

The process itself 9601000 is stopping and just says 9601000 has stopped working.  You have to close the process and reopen the application server process.  It will then run and email any requests sitting in the queue but pops up that error once it is idle for a while (nothing in queue).

We are running SL 2015 cu1

Outlook is not popping up the message, we are running office 365

There is nothing in the application server log or the event history.

I do find this error in Windows Log - Application

faulting module path - C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\V4.0.30319\clr.dll

Mark E responded on 17 Jan 2018 3:52 PM
My Badges

Did anyone ever come up with a resolution for this?  Experiencing the same issue with SL 2015 CU2 on a Win 10 PC, running Outlook 2016.

9601000 - The operation failed.

Mark E responded on 15 May 2018 2:23 PM
My Badges

Still don't have a resolution for this, other than to get by with using PTFB Pro to click the OK button every time this message comes up....

Donna Hurst responded on 24 Jul 2018 8:57 AM
My Badges

I have a client also experiencing this same issue.  Would love a resolution to this.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS