SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Business Portal Error

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

roxiejeff1 asked a question on 18 Jul 2018 7:16 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Out of nowhere, we are now getting a BP error when we attempt to load a new timesheet screen.  I have run the pcConfiguration.exe many times and the error does not resolve itself. We are running Dynamics SL 2011.  Any ideas on why this is now throwing an error?

The Microsoft Dynamics SL System Database name cannot be blank.

Your System Administrator should run pcConfiguration on the Business Portal server to fix this problem.

Z-BP responded on 2 Aug 2018 4:52 PM

This seems to fix it. Thanks TR_GEEK_88 for the link. I also had to change the application pool user to another one ( I was getting another error).

Rudy Berkvens responded on 6 Aug 2018 11:25 AM

This fix seems to have worked for us also. Thanks TR_GEEK_88

ByteSize responded on 10 Aug 2018 2:15 PM
Suggested Answer

In our environment - I found (after a LOT of trial and error) that it was 2 of the July updates in combination. (KB 4338420)  and  (KB 4338423).

After uninstalling both of these, my standard users were able to get back to their timesheets.

The July 30 .net updates had no effect in our environment.

TR_GEEK_88 responded on 1 Aug 2018 10:18 AM
Suggested Answer

We were having the same issues after installing July patches on our Dynamics SL 2011 Business Portal server (2012R2).

It looks like Microsoft released some updates to fix this issues related to .NET patches here: support.microsoft.com/.../access-denied-errors-after-installing-july-2018-security-rollup-update

I installed today, time will tell for sure if it stays working for more than 12 hours without me logging into the portal as an admin

ByteSize responded on 10 Aug 2018 2:15 PM
Suggested Answer

In our environment - I found (after a LOT of trial and error) that it was 2 of the July updates in combination. (KB 4338420)  and  (KB 4338423).

After uninstalling both of these, my standard users were able to get back to their timesheets.

The July 30 .net updates had no effect in our environment.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS