SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

PO receipt with foreing currency, create AP VO in Base Currency

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

CARLOS TORRE asked a question on 30 Jul 2018 6:14 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Unanswered

I have several years working with the SL2011 version.
Now, I am having a situation wich  I can't identify the cause.
I have a purchase order generated in foreign currency. The PO receipt is made in the currency specified on Purchase Order.
Looking at the AP module,  on the screen documents and settings (03.010.00) The VO Document was generated in the Base Currency.
I was traying  to replicate it on environment of tests without success
It is a unique case in a long time
Thanks
Carlos Torre
Carolyn Froton responded on 2 Aug 2018 2:14 PM
My Badges

If you are logged into a company the PO will be created in that company's base currency, you don't have an option to change that.

So then the Receipt is the only place that you can designate currency different from the company you are logged in as.

If you don't change the currency via the receipt screen(it won't allow you to), the VO document will be created based on the receipt currency if you opt to auto create for sure.

if it is not auto created, then you would have to chose the PO in the vouchers screen.

Do you have multiple companies that have different Base currencies?

Do you auto create the voucher from receipt?

Is it possible that someone changed the currency in Voucher and Adjustment screen by accident?

CARLOS TORRE responded on 2 Aug 2018 2:38 PM
My Badges

Thanks, Carolyn

On the 04.250.00 Screen, there is possible to change from base currency to other one.  This capability is used frecuently by the users.  The documented behavior is not normal. As you said, could be an accident, wich I can't reply.

I don´t have multiple companies and yes, the VO is created from the receipt.

Thabks

Carolyn Froton responded on 6 Aug 2018 10:09 AM
My Badges

Carlos:

I also cannot recreate this.  So, I would say that it was a user error.  If it happens again, you may want to have it investigated.  I could not find anything out there as far as a bug.

thank you

CARLOS TORRE responded on 6 Aug 2018 1:16 PM
My Badges

Hi, Carolyn

Thanks for your help

Regards

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS