SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Upgrading to Business Central from SL2011

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

marcozucchi asked a question on 7 Mar 2019 12:08 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi, we are moving to Dynamics Business Central on-premise, the tools to import the SL data work with SL2015 or SL2018, If I install SL2015 is there a temp license or a short term license to use so I can access the company and run the migration tools? 

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance

Carolyn Froton responded on 29 Mar 2019 2:04 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Good day -

Thank you for posting your question to the SL forum.

You are correct that the only SL versions with migration tools are SL 2015 and SL 2018. Since you are currently running SL 2011, you will have to upgrade to one of these versions.

To answer your question on the registration/license question, if you maintain a current support plan, you should have SL 2015 and SL 2018 keys you can use to unlock you updated SL databases. If you do not have a current support plan you will need to work with your partner to do a migration upgrade strictly for the purpose of the migration.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Thank you,

Carolyn

MSDSL Technical Support

Manuel Vela responded on 9 May 2019 4:41 PM
My Badges

Hi marcozucch, one question. which tools do you use to for migration SL to Business Central

thanks in advance

Carolyn Froton responded on 29 Mar 2019 2:04 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Good day -

Thank you for posting your question to the SL forum.

You are correct that the only SL versions with migration tools are SL 2015 and SL 2018. Since you are currently running SL 2011, you will have to upgrade to one of these versions.

To answer your question on the registration/license question, if you maintain a current support plan, you should have SL 2015 and SL 2018 keys you can use to unlock you updated SL databases. If you do not have a current support plan you will need to work with your partner to do a migration upgrade strictly for the purpose of the migration.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Thank you,

Carolyn

MSDSL Technical Support

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS