SBX - Forum Post Title

Wildcarding for Reporting is returning no data

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

NorK asked a question on 3 May 2019 4:07 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

A recent upgrade from SL2011 FP1 to SP3 is causing an issue with Wildcarding.

For example, the Select Criteria with a wildcard for the Subaccount in the Detail GL report returns no data.  The subaccount format is XXXX-XXX-X

Select:

vr_01620.accthist_sub  Equal ???????1

Any thoughts on a workaround?

Carolyn Froton responded on 7 May 2019 7:50 PM
My Badges

Hello NK

I don't see a reported bug on this issue, I find that it works for me, but I'm in 8.12 (sp2) is your report customized?

Does any other combo work..like 01??????

Best Regards,

Jana MacDonald

NorK responded on 8 May 2019 12:06 PM
My Badges

Hello, I am running the detail GL report not using a template. This report is not customized.

I added the select criteria which returns no data. (See screenshot below)

I also tried 5??????? and * instead of ? with no results

Carolyn Froton responded on 9 May 2019 3:41 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello NK,

I went through the summary of changes

01.610.00 Reporting

When using wildcard values in the Report Selection, the report now displays correct

data.

ROI.EXE

This is is the Trial Balance report , however.  And actually the description of that bug is not what it seems, the actual problem with the report was  selection criteria using wildcards with "not equal" does not return expected

I found bug 36182

where its status using the equal operator AND ???? wild card produces a blank report on any selection.

Not hot fixed, and since sp3 is 2011 last version we can't get any fixes for that version.

I upgraded mine to sp3 and it doesn't work. (the Not Equal operator works now on sp3 as the SOC states)

To get the "equal" to work  I had to copy back in the older ROI from sp2 (which I backed up) and use that version.  I don't know the impact for other reports.

This issue is fixed in the current versions of SL.

Unfortunately, All I have for you is that  you can  back up the new version of ROI.exe  and copy back in the old version of that file.

Best Regards,

Jana

NorK responded on 10 May 2019 2:13 PM
My Badges

Hi Jana,

Are you referring to the ROI.exe file located in the applications folder?  If that was overwritten during the upgrade, could I copy it from an install of SL2015?

Carolyn Froton responded on 9 May 2019 3:41 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello NK,

I went through the summary of changes

01.610.00 Reporting

When using wildcard values in the Report Selection, the report now displays correct

data.

ROI.EXE

This is is the Trial Balance report , however.  And actually the description of that bug is not what it seems, the actual problem with the report was  selection criteria using wildcards with "not equal" does not return expected

I found bug 36182

where its status using the equal operator AND ???? wild card produces a blank report on any selection.

Not hot fixed, and since sp3 is 2011 last version we can't get any fixes for that version.

I upgraded mine to sp3 and it doesn't work. (the Not Equal operator works now on sp3 as the SOC states)

To get the "equal" to work  I had to copy back in the older ROI from sp2 (which I backed up) and use that version.  I don't know the impact for other reports.

This issue is fixed in the current versions of SL.

Unfortunately, All I have for you is that  you can  back up the new version of ROI.exe  and copy back in the old version of that file.

Best Regards,

Jana

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS