SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Changing Customer on a Project

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

StuartN asked a question on 6 May 2019 11:13 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Good morning, all!

I've a client who setup a project in Project Controller under one customer ID. After sending out two invoices, they change the customer id. and billed another invoice. All three of these invoices had retention amounts. Since the third invoice completed the project, they billed the entire retention amount on the project to the second customer ID. 
When they run the Project Aging report (PA110.rpt) now, the invoices for the second customer ID show up, even though the project is complete and those invoices paid. My assumption is that this is related to the change in customer ID.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clear this up? 
Thanks in advance!
Stuart Nottingham
Reply
Carolyn Froton responded on 7 May 2019 7:19 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dear Stuart,

Its the retention. Bug 19983  5814 and 7690  all deal with zero balance invoice, zero balance retention invoices showing on the report.

If the balances are zero and the retention nets to zero, the records are supposed to drop off.   But do to an apparent rounding issue, they are not.

Change the suppression formulas to round the retention totals to 2 decimals.  For example:

If Sum ({@Agecolumntot}, {ARDoc.CustId}) <> 0 or

      ( round(Sum ({pjinvhdr.retention_amt}, {ARDoc.CustID}),2) <> 0 and

        round(Sum ({pjinvhdr.retention_amt}, {pjproj.manager1}),2) <> 0) Then

   False

Else

   True

MS support has a copy of the corrected report, Please create a case to get the corrected copy or you can use the above workaround to correct the report yourself. I can't see a way to attach it to this issue.

Best Regards,

Jana MacDonald

Microsoft Support Dynamics SL

Reply
StuartN responded on 9 May 2019 1:05 PM
My Badges

Thanks for your reply, Jana. I have updated the restriction formula as you suggested without success. I have also adjusted the formula to not look at ARDoc.Custid but ARDoc.ProjectID instead, also without joy. I'm sure this is related to the fact that they changed the customer on the project (PJProj) record after two cycles of billing. This is why I made the second modification.

Any other suggestions I could try?

Thanks!

Stuart Nottingham

Reply
StuartNot responded on 15 May 2019 8:48 AM

First, for some reason I am unable to use my previous account to login, so I created a new one. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Second, here's a more detailed analysis of what I think the problem is:

1. Project ABCD was created with Customer 1234A as the bill to. The client proceeded to bill 1234A twice with each of these invoices having a retention amount.

2. After these two invoices, the client realized that they should have been invoicing 1234B, a different location of the same corporation (same name, hence the confusion.) They billed 1234B for the final work (with retention) and for the retention billing once the project was complete.

3. The PA110 report seems to looking solely at the invoices related to 1234B The report is using a join on CustID from PJProj to ARDoc. the suppression formula (which seems to be applied after the selection) is using a sum of the retention amounts to suppress the display of invoices when the sum of the retention amount is $0.00. However, in my case it is looking ONLY at the invoices billed to 1234B (for which the sum of the retention amount is < 0.00.)

4. The challenge/solution would be to get the report to consider all four invoices. How do I modify the report to do that WITHOUT breaking it for everything else?

Thanks!

Stuart Nottingham

Reply
Carolyn Froton responded on 16 May 2019 7:01 PM
My Badges

Hello Stuart,

I'd have to test that. So, does this mean that they went back to the projects master record and changed the customer or did they just override the customer on that last invoice?

I was also wondering if changing the Billing information on the project to Customer split bill with both custid's on the project will correct your problem.

Best Regards,

Jana Macdonald

Reply
StuartNot responded on 16 May 2019 7:10 PM

Good evening, Jana.  They did change the customer on the project master record. I'll look into changing the billing info as you suggest.

Reply
Carolyn Froton responded on 7 May 2019 7:19 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dear Stuart,

Its the retention. Bug 19983  5814 and 7690  all deal with zero balance invoice, zero balance retention invoices showing on the report.

If the balances are zero and the retention nets to zero, the records are supposed to drop off.   But do to an apparent rounding issue, they are not.

Change the suppression formulas to round the retention totals to 2 decimals.  For example:

If Sum ({@Agecolumntot}, {ARDoc.CustId}) <> 0 or

      ( round(Sum ({pjinvhdr.retention_amt}, {ARDoc.CustID}),2) <> 0 and

        round(Sum ({pjinvhdr.retention_amt}, {pjproj.manager1}),2) <> 0) Then

   False

Else

   True

MS support has a copy of the corrected report, Please create a case to get the corrected copy or you can use the above workaround to correct the report yourself. I can't see a way to attach it to this issue.

Best Regards,

Jana MacDonald

Microsoft Support Dynamics SL

Reply

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS