SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

ADG_OrderShipperUnion Proc Error

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

Mark E asked a question on 7 Jun 2019 11:39 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Suddenly, starting on 6/6/2019, the ADG_OrderShipperUnion proc that gets called when clicking the Refresh button on the Credit Manager's Assistant (40.170.00) screen throws the attached error.  I was able to modify the proc so that if the CreditDateTo parameter is 6/6/2079, it gets reset to 6/5/2079.  Every one of my installs (SL 2011 & SL 2015) using this screen have been affected by this.  Anyone know if the 6/6/2079 date is no longer the max SQL date allowed?  Was there an SQL update that changed this?

StuartNot responded on 7 Jun 2019 3:20 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

From another forum, alter the ADG_OrderShipperUnion stored procedure, changing the  @CreditDateFrom and @CreditDateTo  variables from smalldatetime to datetime,

Mark E responded on 8 Jun 2019 5:52 AM
My Badges

Thanks.  I'm really curious as to what may have caused this sudden change.  The error did not exist prior to 6/6/2019, and at least 4 site installs reported the same error popping up on the same day.

StuartNot responded on 8 Jun 2019 6:09 AM
My Badges

Good question!  Seems to me that  the differences in size of the datatypes would have caused the problem before. All I can think of is that the 'translation' of the smalldatetime was read by the datetime type as outside of the default range of acceptable dates and didn't trigger until 6/6/2019. Just a guess! I'm not a database engineer and don't even play one on TV.

Brian_IL responded on 8 Jun 2019 2:03 PM
My Badges

The max value for a smalldatetime field is 6/6/2079. That date can be seen in different SL tables where it was as a default value, like 1/1/1900 used as a minimum default value; probably where no actual date is supplied by the program, as SL table definitions don't allow null values in any field.

Going past 6/6/2019 triggered this problem, what isn't obvious is why the current date has a conflict with the this field type's maximum date. A Datetime field type is 8 bytes long, so it can hold larger date values than a smalldatetime for the CreditDateFrom and CreditDateTo variables declared in this stored procedure, avoiding a problem with the size of the date field.

StuartNot responded on 7 Jun 2019 3:20 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

From another forum, alter the ADG_OrderShipperUnion stored procedure, changing the  @CreditDateFrom and @CreditDateTo  variables from smalldatetime to datetime,

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS