SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Credit Limit on Dynamics SL 2015

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

Liz D. asked a question on 11 Sep 2018 4:46 PM

Question Status

Unanswered

Can someone please help me understand how the credit limit works on Dynamics SL 2015? I have set all my customers with a credit limit but it does not alert me when they have reached/exceeded it. 

It allows me to continuously invoice them.

Thank you!

Brian_IL responded on 16 Sep 2018 6:40 PM

Look at the online help for the credit check option field on the customer maintenance screen. It explains the settings, with references to the AR Setup - Other options tab and the sales order type maintenance for sales orders in OM.

mubiru Huzaifa responded on 19 Sep 2018 12:05 PM

After setting credit limits do you put the amount that has to act as the limit

Brian_IL responded on 21 Sep 2018 6:02 PM

Credit limits in AR only give a warning message when the customer's credit will be exceeded by processing an invoice, the limit is not enforced as is done by the OM module. The AR Setup - other options tab allows setting default values which will be used when adding new customers. Each customer record may be updated with its own credit limit rather than the default amount.

Preventing new AR invoices for customers based on credit would be nice, but that logic only appears to apply to the OM module. You could always update the customer status to Admin Hold, but that just removes them from a PV lookup of customers when entering invoices. The person making the entries would need to look up the customer record to find the reason.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS