This is a simple column format that I have created in Management Reporter.
I am having issues with the CALC in column D. It works fine if the period specified in column D is BASE or BASE-1 ....upto BASE-9. For numbers greater than 9, like BASE-10, column D always displays 0 value. The header displays correctly.
I am not sure how to get this working. Any help is appreciated.
I am researching your issue, I apologize for the delay.
Microsoft Dynamics SL support
I would try a couple things to ‘debug’ the problem.
First, if you are not printing columns B and C, if those columns are set to non printing, I would remove that flag so the columns print. If they are just printing column D and it’s 0.00 or blank, how do we know that isn’t correct? Print columns B and C also, which are being added together to get column D.
Second, I would change the base-10 to just base, and then print the report for the period in question. As an example, if they are in period 04-2019, and they are trying to print a report for period 06-2018 by using a period value of base-10, can they print a report if they set the reporting period to 06-2018 and just print the report for that period with the period option set to base. If they can, if they set the period to base-1 and print the report for period 07-2018, see if they get the same results. Then maybe try it with period 12-2018 and a period of base-7. Then period 01-2019 with a period of base-8. All of those should deliver the same results.
I think though that in this example, if there is no activity for the account for fiscal year 2019, then it might not report the results of a period in fiscal year 2018. As an example, if you print for period 12-2018 with a period of base-7 and that prints OK. Then you print for period 01-2019 with a period of base-8 and that reports nothing, I would wonder whether there is any activity for the account for 2019?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
After much trial and error, I was able to find a solution to the problem - although the solution didn't make any sense,
In the Report Settings, I checked the box "Include amounts in future periods" and then the report worked.
My report has only historical data and no data in the future periods ... so I am still not sure how this worked ... BUT IT WORKED !!!
It is a good thing that having "Include amounts in future periods" ON has allowed the Calculation to show for you. However, I tested with a similar Column Definition and found it worked with the future period amount option turned OFF for me. I apologize in advance that the posting of my Column Definition comes through looking a bit cramped.
All activity being reported, both from my '0000000000' ledger and my 'Actual' ledger is in BAS currency. 199912 is current GL period. I tested with MR CU16 integrated to SL 2018 CU1 databases. I did not use a Reporting Tree and all activity is from my Company '0060' in the SLDemoApp database.
I cannot explain why you need to have the future amounts option ON for this to work for you, but version differences would be an obvious possibility, though I cannot find a reported issue like this.
Dynamics SL Support
Financials Support Team
Business Applications communities