SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Revenue Recognition (PA.REV.OO) has not created a GL batch

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

AOs asked a question on 30 Apr 2019 8:08 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I have run revenue recognition (final) but there seemed to be an issue with the display and print, and a GL batch was not created.  I can now see the correct revenue for the projects in Project Transactions Detail Inquiry (PA.TRD.00).  When I run a Quick Query on the revenue account I can see all of the transactions and the revenue journal number but it is showing as unposted.  Nothing is showing in the Trial Balance.  There is no GL journal to post in GL - Post Transactions (01.520.00) or in GL- release batches (01.400.00).  How do I find the lost batch and post it through to the GL?  

Thanks, Andrea  

Carolyn Froton responded on 30 Apr 2019 8:40 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dear Andrea,

Yes it is an issue with the print. If you don't have a printer  the program will crash at that point, you don't get a batch record.

This is a known issue and there is no HF.

If you don’t really have a Batch record---There are two approaches I use to get your batch header. Unfortunately, each involves going into sql server query and running inserts and or updates to the batch.

You can create an batch header in Journal transactions, go in sql and update the batch number and the Module (PA) assigned in the gltran, then you can bring the batch up init mode and save it with the correct totals and release it.

The other is to insert a batch header using sql. 

Or..

The batch header does exist and the batch is on Hold—you don’t see hold batch in post transactions.

1. Go into initialize mode
  2. Open journal transactions
  3. Select PA for the module
  4. F3 and find your batch
  5. Bring it in and Release it…select release now and finish
  6. It should be available for posting.

Best Regards,

Jana MacDonald

Microsoft Dynamics Support.

Carolyn Froton responded on 30 Apr 2019 8:40 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dear Andrea,

Yes it is an issue with the print. If you don't have a printer  the program will crash at that point, you don't get a batch record.

This is a known issue and there is no HF.

If you don’t really have a Batch record---There are two approaches I use to get your batch header. Unfortunately, each involves going into sql server query and running inserts and or updates to the batch.

You can create an batch header in Journal transactions, go in sql and update the batch number and the Module (PA) assigned in the gltran, then you can bring the batch up init mode and save it with the correct totals and release it.

The other is to insert a batch header using sql. 

Or..

The batch header does exist and the batch is on Hold—you don’t see hold batch in post transactions.

1. Go into initialize mode
  2. Open journal transactions
  3. Select PA for the module
  4. F3 and find your batch
  5. Bring it in and Release it…select release now and finish
  6. It should be available for posting.

Best Regards,

Jana MacDonald

Microsoft Dynamics Support.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS