SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Crystal Report - error opening report - database vendor code: 208

Microsoft Dynamics SL Forum

Dave Simon asked a question on 26 Nov 2012 9:14 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

We upgraded to SL2011 FP1 from SL7 FP1.  Now when we print/print preview certain crystal reports they come up with an ERROR message:

Crystal Report Windows Forms Viewer - Failed to retrieve data from the database.  Details:  [Database Vendor Code: 208] ...

Any suggestions?  Thank you, Dave

Dave Simon responded on 26 Nov 2012 9:50 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

All:  1.  I found that when I went to VERIFY DATABASE in this particular crystal report I was getting tables that it didn't like (wanted me to remove the tables and I said No!!).

2.  That led me to this little trick that I found online that fixed my issue.  Thanks Jeff Trotman and Rick Kerns!! :-)

wisdomofsolomon.wordpress.com/.../crystal-reports-tables-not-found-during-verify-database

3.  It shows you how you can use the "Overridden Qualified Table Name" property for the table(s) in the Crystal Report designer to get around the issue.  Alternatively (as mentioned in the link above) you can Update EACH table.

Dave Simon responded on 26 Nov 2012 9:50 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

All:  1.  I found that when I went to VERIFY DATABASE in this particular crystal report I was getting tables that it didn't like (wanted me to remove the tables and I said No!!).

2.  That led me to this little trick that I found online that fixed my issue.  Thanks Jeff Trotman and Rick Kerns!! :-)

wisdomofsolomon.wordpress.com/.../crystal-reports-tables-not-found-during-verify-database

3.  It shows you how you can use the "Overridden Qualified Table Name" property for the table(s) in the Crystal Report designer to get around the issue.  Alternatively (as mentioned in the link above) you can Update EACH table.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS