Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
A couple of times I've encountered a situation in which SQL Server yields the following condition:
SQL Server Message 63: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Query timeout expired
This happening with any action update-worthy under Dynamics SL 2011.
I've checked out some tips, like KB2551478. I have no FRX installation. There are some custom triggers setup, but all of them have the "set no count" statement.
We also scan for deadlocks, but none appears. What strikes me most is that this behavior stops after some 40-90 minutes. I'm still without a clue on what started or what stopped this.
We've tried the following:
After all this actions, most of them nonsense guesses, the behavior is still the same. Then after a while, the problem stops and back to normal again.
Anyone has found some light on this?
Wondering if you found a resolution to this issue? Just randomly started to happen at one of my installs, trying to release AP batches. there are some custom triggers and procs, but all have the SET NOCOUNT ON set, and none of them were recently modified. Running SL 2015 CU2 since 11/2018, and this just started today out of nowhere.
Just resolved this one on my end, but not sure why the error started occurring, or why it never happened before. In the System DB, there are standard triggers on the AcctSub and AcctXRef tables. None of those triggers contained the SET NOCOUNT ON switch. Once I added to all the triggers (there are 3 in each table per Company), the problem went away. I took a look at some other installs, and the SET NOCOUNT ON is not part of those triggers in those databases. Weird....
I haven't found an answer. The Query Timeout still occurs every 3 months or so. I'm going to check out the triggers in the System DB you mention, since clearly I have overlooked them.
I had the same issue with an SL2011 installation, where they were unable to release a GL batch once they had one batch hang up with the SQL Query Timeout - SQL Message 63; also seen in SQL as SqlState = HYT00 NativeError = 0 err=63. Restarting SQL and clearing orphaned sessions from the Access table still left them unable to release the GL batch. Clearing the WrkRelease table of the record for this batch (normally done by stored proc pp_01400) also had no effect.
They resolved the problem by adding the "Set NOCount ON" command to three triggers that existed on the AcctXref and AcctSub tables in the SL System DB: sDeleteAcctXref_dbname, sInsertAcctXref_dbname, sUpdateAcctXref_dbname, and similar trigger names on AcctSub.
Like Mark's observation, there seems to be no reason why this issue suddenly appeared. Altering the 6 triggers defined on these 2 tables did resolve the issue.
Business Applications communities