Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Human Resources forum / When a new employee is...
Human Resources forum
Answered

When a new employee is created must be also added in the Project Resources List automatically

editSubscribe (3) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 15
Hi. We have an issue when a new employee is created. Is needed that is created also in the Project Resources list automatically, because is not viable to do it manually

I know there is an import/export process by batch that can be used, but I don´t know the process and coudn´t find information.

If someone knows how to configure this would be very helpful.

thanks a lot

Attachments
  • Suggested answer
    CU29041606-0 Profile Picture
    CU29041606-0 13 on at
    When a new employee is created must be also added in the Project Resources List automatically
    Our innovative software solution streamlines the onboarding process by automatically adding new employees to the Project Resources List as soon as they are created in the system. This feature ensures that all team members have access to the necessary resources and information right from the start, improving efficiency and collaboration within the organization.
  • CU30042134-0 Profile Picture
    CU30042134-0 15 on at
    Thanks a lot for your answers! I will try the Workflows option sugested

Best regards,
  • Verified answer
    Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi, to automatically add a new employee to the Project Resources list when created in Dynamics FO, you can configure workflows to automatically add it in the project resource list.
  • Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    I haven't tried it, but you could try to use a data management framework to import employees' data in bulk. Be aware that if the fields in your data file do not exactly match the data entity fields in D365 FO, you may need to create a data entity mapping.
    Best Regards,
    Hana
  • CU30042134-0 Profile Picture
    CU30042134-0 15 on at

This is because our customer requirement. Users are from different areas so they need this to work automatically

But, we don´t want to customize knowing that there is a functional way

So if someone could give me a light on this would be very helpful

thanks!
  • Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    Can you explain why workers can't be set up as project resources manually? Normally it's ok. Are you getting any errors?
    Best Regards,
    Hana

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,281 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,017 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans