Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Add tick mark option i...
Finance forum
Answered

Add tick mark option in Closing schedule tasks form like the one in standard forms

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 120
Hi Community,

I have requirement to add a tick mark option in the Closing schedule tasks form like the one present in the other standard form like SalesTable. 
We can navigate to this form from General Ledger >> Period close >> All financial period close tasks. In this form there is no option to multiselect records like the one we have in SalesTable or other standard form.

Currently the form looks like this:
////

I want to customize it to somewhat this:

////

Can anyone please suggest any solution!

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
  • Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 2,342 on at
    Add tick mark option in Closing schedule tasks form like the one in standard forms
    Hi,

I'm glad to see my answer helped you, can you verify my answer in order to help other who will face the same issue. Regarding class name I already added it, but I don't know why it wasn't appearing.

Thank,
    Waed Ayyad
  • Verified answer
    Apratim Profile Picture
    Apratim 120 on at
    Hi Waed,

Your suggestion to look into the class worked!

I went through the form code then inside init() method of the form "LedgerPeriodCloseProjectTaskListPage" they are calling LedgerPeriodCloseProjectTaskDetailPartViewModel class's method  named newForProjectTaskForm(this) and passing the this. Inside the newForProjectTaskForm method, they are calling another method of the same class LedgerPeriodCloseProjectTaskDetailPartViewModel named as initialize(formRun). Then inside this method they are calling another method of the same class named prepareView(). Over here there are two line of code :

view.getTaskDetailGridControl().multiSelect(false);
    view.getTaskDetailGridControl().showRowLabels(false);

I just took extension of this class and changed it to true! And it worked!!!!!!

Thankyou so much!!!!!!! 
  • Apratim Profile Picture
    Apratim 120 on at
    Hi Waed,

Thankyou for replying!

Ok, Ill look into the code and let you know. One doubt; When you said this class, which class are you referring to.

Thanks!
  • Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 2,342 on at
    Hi,

I checked the List Page it's depending on this class LedgerPeriodCloseProjectTaskDetailPartViewModel class, 
     â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹view.getTaskDetailGridControl().multiSelect(false); ----Inside​​​​​​​ this class

I think you should trace the code of the form in order to know How it uses this class and modify the grid Property by code using an extension on the List Page.

Thanks,
    Waed Ayyad
    If this helped, please mark it as "Verified" for others facing the same issue

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,281 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,017 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans