Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Field Service forum / Schedule board - Map I...
Field Service forum
Unanswered

Schedule board - Map Integration - Multiple Work orders in Same location

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 3,115

Hi All

Relatively new to Field service here :), We are facing a problem with Schedule board's Map "Pin" click event. The problem in detailed is - When there is only one WO in the location and user clicks on the pin it is showing the popup with work order details. All good. However, when we have multiple Work orders in the same location and user clicks on the pin then it is not doing any thing (basically not showing the popup). First of all, does any one faced this kind of issue? If yes, any solutions/suggestions? 2nd, Are there any events that we can hook up to that Map's pin click event so that at least I can do some custom code to pop some details?

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

pastedimage1673013615385v1.png

• Inogic Profile Picture
    Inogic 23,927 on at
    Schedule board - Map Integration - Multiple Work orders in Same location
    Hi Srikanth,

I hope you have figured out a solution for this by now. If not, I would like to suggest a workaround using our product - Maplytics. Maplytics is basically a geo-mapping app that integrates maps with all the modules of Dynamics 365 & Dataverse.

As visible in the above screenshot, Microsoft Dynamics 365 records can be plotted on an interactive map in the form of pushpins. When the marked toggle button is enabled, the pushpins of the nearby records cluster up together.

In this way, if one location has 4 work orders all 4 shall be clustered, and clicking on that cluster, will come up with 4 pins.
    The user will then be able to see 4 pins and on each hover can see details and a tooltip card as well.

A lot of our clients use this technique to visualize multiple orders. If you need more details on the same, do write to us at crm@inogic.com

You can explore more about Maplytics from our Website or Microsoft AppSource.

Thanks,
    Sam
    Power Platform/Dynamics 365 CRM Tips and Tricks:  http://www.inogic.com/blog/
  • ansrikanth Profile Picture
    ansrikanth 3,115 on at
    RE: Schedule board - Map Integration - Multiple Work orders in Same location

any one - any clues/thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you

-Srikanth

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,318 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,037 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans