Skip to main content
Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Suggested answer

The request for security token could not be satisfied because authentication failed

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 75

Hi,

One of our .net web applications is using Dynamics 365 CRM on-premise as a backend. Currently, the authentication type is NTLM Kerberos authentication. We have tried to change the authentication type to claim-based in the CRM deployment manager tool, for some reason claim based authentication didn't work, so we have disabled claim-based authentication in the CRM deployment manager. After these changes, the CRM application login is working fine but .net custom web applications are not working. It is throwing below error after entering user credentials. I have tried to debug this in visual studio code, it is working fine. However, I tried to access the application hosted under IIS that is not working. There are no changes with respect to the .net code. Could someone help me to give a solution for this?

We are using Dynamics 365 CRM on-premise version.

pastedimage1634724274378v1.png

Attachments
  • The request for security token could not be satisfied because authentication failed
    Please did you find a solution? I have the same problem, and I tried many solutions
  • Jayaa E Profile Picture
    Jayaa E 75 on at
    RE: The request for security token could not be satisfied because authentication failed

Thanks for your suggestions Pradeep. All the configurations are done as per the above mentioned link, but still I am getting the same error.

• Suggested answer
    Pradeep Rai Profile Picture
    Pradeep Rai 5,483 Super User on at

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,281 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,017 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans