I am a newbie to AX, and have some questions regarding to AX4.0 data decimal places storage.
As I know my company has the following AX4.0 decimal places setting:
• Amount: 2 decimal places
• Quantity: 4 decimal places
Here are my questions:
1) How many decimal places are exactly stored in AX4.0 DB in our case?
2) Why >2 decimal places values found in Excel (ver 2003) sum up ledger amount (expect to be “$0”), which exported from General Ledger Module, Ledger Transaction List” text report”? Total details as follow:
• Foreign Ledger Amount -$0.0000000314298063130
• Local Ledger Amount -$0.00000001198613517814
AX2012 R2 Newbie,Arqxlep
1) u can provide no of decimals in EDT property > NoOfDecimals, same is stored in DB too.
2) Question nt clear.... U r having 18decimal places in AX? Excel?
1) Will let u know tmr
2) We export a text file from AX40 transaction ledger list, and found 2 decimal places only in each ledger. But when opening the file in excel and sum up all the ledgers amount, the sum amount have > 2 decimal place come out.
That is what we not understand... Our setting of AX & Excel are as follow:
- AX: 2 dec places in Amount
- Excel: General