Question Status

Verified
Axel Uriel Martínez Castillo asked a question on 15 Mar 2013 2:06 PM

Hello everyone,

I am a little confused about the Packing Slip field that appears in the Locations Journal form (WMSJournalTable). 

After registering a Packing slip, this field is not updated, and remains blank, although I can see the packing slip in the Purchase Order.

What I need to do is to show the user the packing slip that belongs to the arrival journal. Is there a way to show this?

Thank you in advance,

ackzell.

[EDIT]: I am submitting an image to explain what I want to do. You'll see that I have already posted a packing slip from the arrival journal and it has a "sadsfsdfsdfsfd" number, but it is not showing up on the Locations journal (I added the column to the grid).

Here is the image

Verified Answer
Gracey Gelizon responded on 19 Mar 2013 7:44 PM

Hallo,

Good morning this is the process i want to emphasize, sometimes it hard to explain in words, so I include the screenshots.  Im just curious how the system will general a packing slip number automatically when you post a product receipt. unquote by sir Beeler (" I do not think that the manually entered packing slip number will be available/visible until that packing slip update is complete."). Well it sound a little bit curiosity to me.  I hope you could give me a screenshots too.  Thanks (*,*)..thank you in advance.

SCREENSHOT 1

>> POSTING THE ARRIVAL JOURNAL

SCREENSHOT 3

SCREENSHOT 4

SCREENSHOT 5

SCREENSHOT 6 (OPEN THE ORIGINAL PO)

SCREENSHOT  7

Suggested Answer
James Beeler responded on 19 Mar 2013 11:20 AM

The arriaval journal process is to record that the inventory is at the default location/dock or other receiving/dock location (status "arrived") until a pallet transport is used to move the material to a bulk or picking location. When the pallet transport is posted complete, the packing slip update is actually posted for th purchase order (status "received") and I do not think that the manually entered packing slip number will be available/visible until that packing slip update is complete. The inventory receipt transaction status will transition from ordered, to arrived to recived.

This is not a solution, but it may provide information to help develop one.

James B Beeler, MCP

Solutions Architect

Gracey Gelizon responded on 15 Mar 2013 8:08 PM

Hi Ackzell,

The use of packing slip field in the arrival journal is to used by the user to fill it up manually the packing slip number from the supplier document, it is not automatic. If you want to show the corresponding arrival journal number to product receipt here is the trick: before posting of product receipt you could fill up the product receipt field with arrival journal number.. so that when you generate a report you will know that these product receipt has a corresponding arrival journal number partner :)

Axel Uriel Martínez Castillo responded on 19 Mar 2013 9:56 AM

Thanks for your answer Bamboogypsie!

I understand that the packing slip number must be filled up manually. What I need is the packing slip that has just been posted through an arrival journal to be shown on the main grid on the Locations Journal form.

I am submitting an image to explain myself a little bit clearer.

Suggested Answer
James Beeler responded on 19 Mar 2013 11:20 AM

The arriaval journal process is to record that the inventory is at the default location/dock or other receiving/dock location (status "arrived") until a pallet transport is used to move the material to a bulk or picking location. When the pallet transport is posted complete, the packing slip update is actually posted for th purchase order (status "received") and I do not think that the manually entered packing slip number will be available/visible until that packing slip update is complete. The inventory receipt transaction status will transition from ordered, to arrived to recived.

This is not a solution, but it may provide information to help develop one.

James B Beeler, MCP

Solutions Architect

Verified Answer
Gracey Gelizon responded on 19 Mar 2013 7:44 PM

Hallo,

Good morning this is the process i want to emphasize, sometimes it hard to explain in words, so I include the screenshots.  Im just curious how the system will general a packing slip number automatically when you post a product receipt. unquote by sir Beeler (" I do not think that the manually entered packing slip number will be available/visible until that packing slip update is complete."). Well it sound a little bit curiosity to me.  I hope you could give me a screenshots too.  Thanks (*,*)..thank you in advance.

SCREENSHOT 1

>> POSTING THE ARRIVAL JOURNAL

SCREENSHOT 3

SCREENSHOT 4

SCREENSHOT 5

SCREENSHOT 6 (OPEN THE ORIGINAL PO)

SCREENSHOT  7

Axel Uriel Martínez Castillo responded on 20 Mar 2013 10:06 AM

Thanks for taking the time to answer Beeler,

I might need to review the whole receiving process because I think I missed a couple things that you have described here, such as the pallet transport and the "inventory receipt transaction".

There are two arrival journals that I was testing with when I started learning the arrival process, and I can see the packing slip on those. I don't remember doing anything related to pallet transport for those arrivals, but I'll keep looking into the process.

Where can I see the receipt transaction ? so I can tell which status it is currently?

Axel Uriel Martínez Castillo responded on 20 Mar 2013 10:42 AM

Danke again Bamboogypsie,

On Screenshot 2, this field is not editable.

I see that your screenshots are for Ax 2012, I should have pointed out that I am working on Ax 2009. If that makes any difference. (and I think it does, as I far as I can tell, I don't really deal with "product receipt", as there are only packing slips)

Apart from the mentioned above, the process is the same and I get to screenshot  7 without any trouble. My problem is that back on  screenshot 2 the field remains empty.

Axel Uriel Martínez Castillo responded on 21 Mar 2013 12:54 PM

Hi again,

Thanks to Bamboogypsie I was able to go as far as being able to view the Packing Slip exactly where I wanted. (I finally understood how to do it properly)

Problem being now that an error is thrown:

"The record has never been selected"